Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
My name is Jennie and my Cocoa is my baby chi. I keep trying to post on website, but I keep getting ill. My cocoa was a very big surprise. I had been told by my sister to close my eyes, and I opened them up to find they sweetest 8 month old chi in my hospital bed. My cocoa was not afraid around all the pumps going that keep me alive. I have only been home 3 weeks in last 6 months, so going home is very special to me as my baby sits in my lap all day. I love to watch him play with his toys as it looks like he is shaking the things to death. I got to make him two coats in which I must say he is handsome. My parents keep him if I am going to be gone more than 30 minutes from him. He is going to colorado for a two week vacation in may. I have a fenced in yard so that he can run, and I have a new swing so that I can swing and watch him play outside. I am sure you can all tell by now that I am a proud mama.

Cocoa doesn't like when he thinks people are hurting me. I am on IVs 24/7 to keep me alive. I thought he might play with my IV lines and feeding tubes, but no way. Cocoa sleeps with me when I am home, and if my pumps beep he will go wake up my sister, or lick my ears.

I do have a big question is that how do we prepare him for when I go on hospice? Will he upset? I wish that I could be around long enough to find him a girl friend, chi and then let him be a stud, and then I would take his daughter to be raised with cocoa. She would never ever be for breeding. How do I find Cocoa a girlfriend? Is their a place I say chi is ready to be stud. :lol:

I could go on forever about my Cocoa. I forgot to add that I live in Oklahoma and I am 33.

Your friends,
Jennie and Cocoa :wave: 8)

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Nice to meet you, sorry you are sick, hope you enjoy yourself on here, lots of lovely Chihuahuas to read about.Have you a picture of yours? :)

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Hi and welcome! :wave: Cocoa sounds like such a sweetie. I love how chi's are so protective of their people. I'm sure some folks here will have some advice for you.

Sorry you have such serious health issues and I hope things work out well for you. Nice to have you in here in our forum, whenever you're able to join us. We'd sure love to see a pic of your baby boy. :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:wave:

I want to thank you all for such a warm welcome. I hope the picture of Cocoa comes through on this post ok. I am ordering a new wheelchair, and it will have a tray in front. It will be perfect place for Cocoa to ride when my sister takes us on outside walks.

Thanks,
Jennie and Cocoa

·
Registered
518 Posts
:wave: Hi Jennie, Fraiser says hi to Cocoa :D

Welcome to the forum. We all hope you get to come here lots. Cocoa is a doll and it sounds like you were made for each other.

I'm sorry you are having so many health issues.

About the problems you mentioned: Cocoa will miss you terribly if you have to go into hospice care. I think though it can be a little easier for him if he has bonded with your sister. Maybe she could even bring him in to see you. :D Hopefully it won't matter because you won't have to go there.

About breeding him, I wouldn't if it was me. This is just my opinion, but I would keep just him and love just him. He doesn't need a girlfriend to be happy, he's got you and your sis to be his family.

And, puppies cute as they are, can be soooooo much trouble. Cocoa is the perfect age, not a young baby, and still young enough to bond thoroughly with. But, a young puppy is not much different than a newborn baby - 24/7 care. Feeding and pottying every two hours. It sounds like you and your sis currently have enough challenges to deal with. I'm glad you have Cocoa to help you with those challenges.

You'll find lots of great advice and fun on the forum. There are lots of supporting understanding people to chat with and I think it's great that you're here. :)

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Welcome to the forum. :wave: Cocoa is a beautiful and precious guy. I am sorry to hear you have serious health issues, but you have a lot of spirit and sounds as though you have loving family with you. I wouldn't breed Cocoa - just my opinion. Chis bond very strongly with their owners and family-he doesn't need another chi around to be happy. As one of the other posters suggested, just love him and enjoy him and help him to bond well with your sister. Then, if it is necessary for you to go into hospice care maybe he won't be so upset at your absence. We will all be praying that won't be necessary.

We look forward to more posts and pics of Cocoa.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Wel come Jennie! Your Cocoa is so cute! I'm so sorry you are having such a rough time. Hopefully things will get better for you!! Sounds like you have a nice family. I also live in Oklahoma and I have three Chi's. Hope to see more pics of your baby. Best wishes!

Sandra
bruiser Teddy and Chloe

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi and welcome. First I would like to say I'm sorry about your illness and will be praying for you, I also live in Oklahoma and am 33, if you would ever like to talk just pm and I'll give you my email. As for Cocoa and hospice, my mother had a chi and she was at home, but was under hospice care about a week before she passed a way Poco her chi started pooping in the house and being very depressed. So yes I believe they do know when something isn't like it's supposed to be. We gave her chi to her sister, who lives alone and they seem to be doing great. My mother had him spoiled and her sister still has him spoiled. I hope things work out for you and your chi. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Cocoa.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Your baby is beautiful. Sorry about your health issues I am not sure how hospice works outside the home if your family members may bring your chi. I know with my beloved sisterinlaw we had hospice in my moms home and we all stayed there and brought her dog and cat. We had a house full my 2 chis my moms 2 and a boxer and cat lol. It is good to allow him to bond with your sister. I wish you the best I believe in miracles :wink: please join us when ever you can we would love to see more pics when you have a chance

1 - 16 of 16 Posts