Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I make him less fearful and more calm for bath time. He likn't do music that is to loud.

Thanks
Jennie

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Where do you bathe him? I found that Zeus was more comfortable in the sink on a plastic liner this way he didn't slide around. How do you wet him down? I found Zeus is more comfortable when I use a washcloth to wet him and rinse him off.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Diego goes in the bath after his dad has a shower, and he stays in there with him so he feels more comfortable...seems to work! :)

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I actually put a bag of Cooper's treats (in a water-resistant package) on the edge of the bathtub, then faced him in that direction the first few times I gave him a bath. He was so concerned with how his treats got there, he didn't care about the bath.

The drawback to that is now he actually tries to get in the shower with me. Sometimes, he makes it.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I would give anything for wawa to wander into the shower with me. She knows when I take the harness off it's shower time so she takes off. I've bribed with treats, tried the sink, everything. She just hates water.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
i would say take a bath with him :D put him on your lap and wash him like that ...it helped with mine ....they are bath-addicts now , and find the sprayer calming and massaging :D

kisses nat

·
Registered
332 Posts
Marcus goes in the shower. He didn't like the sink or the tub without me in it. He always tries to get in my shower :roll:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts