Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'd read a few places wrapping a doggie up in coconut oil/saran wrap can really help encourage healthy coat and coat growth...so I decided to give it a try. Poor Bryco...I will say...he looked GORGEOUS after...the best I've seen his coat ever look.

Uh...mom?

You're stupid. I'm not talking to u anymore.

Saran wrap superhero...

Lick, lick, lick, lick,...

All white and fluffy after my baff!

Lets not do that again soon, OK?

Its really hard to get a good picture of him when he's clean b'c he's white...it all just looks like a pouf!

There are two videos on my facebook too, that are public, of him acting all crazy... Kristi Green | Facebook (click "videos" tab)

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Awww poor Bryco! He's like what the heck do you think you are doing to me - I'm not leftover that are to be put in the fridge! If I did that to Chloe she would just chew the wrap off.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
hahahaha, I loved the one where he is scooting across the floor, poor boy wanted the wrap OFF. It seems that Oakly and Trigger wanted to help him out by licking the coconut....he did look very fluffy Kristi, are you going to give them the coconut oil as a supplement? I went online and read about it, going to get some for Draco, his weight is creeping up and I don't want him to turn into a sausage.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He ran around like crazy and was slip'n' sliding on the carpet lol. I almost died laughing. He really didn't seem to mind too much.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awww poor Bryco! He's like what the heck do you think you are doing to me - I'm not leftover that are to be put in the fridge! If I did that to Chloe she would just chew the wrap off.
Yep yep, we are slowly working them up to it, about 1/2 teaspoon / day is the perfect dosage for most chis... right now they are at 1/8 teaspoon...it can give runny poos if you give them too much too fast. He lost a spot of fur from his rabies shot and I have read several places that coconut oil can really help, so we decided to just give the full spa wrap treatment :)

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
How long did u leave it on for I do the same to my hair lol make it really shiney!!

Heading over to your fb

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ohhhhh my goodness what did you do to poor Dinky lol thats too funny with his 'spa' wrap!!
Bryco you look gorgeous afterwards tho, it was worth OK, so stop complaining Dinky lol!
He's soooo soft right now I just want to squish him! He says it wasn't too bad, Rocky...he seems to take all his momma's crazy "in stride". ;)

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
OMG! ha ha that is hilarious! the look on his face is priceless :)
He is so white and fluffy... seems to work well!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
ha ha Kristi!! He is gorgeous and so white. The saran wrap is a hoot!!!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OMG! ha ha that is hilarious! the look on his face is priceless :)
He is so white and fluffy... seems to work well!
I was hoping he'd smell like a coconut but no dice. I'm so impatient waiting for his coat to come in...he has these two long tufts on the back of his neck and that seems to be it so far, and his tail started to come in a bit. He definitely has great facial expressions!

You can oil the scs too babe gives a lovely shine :)
Oh lord, can you imagine them all running around oiled up? I'd go crazy.

ha ha Kristi!! He is gorgeous and so white. The saran wrap is a hoot!!!
I used a little whitening shampoo too :-D He is sooo tolerant of me. Any of my other dogs would be mad, but not him, he's cuddled up on my lap.

That is too funny, cute.
Haha thank you ;) I have to stay entertained in this teeny tiny town!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Haha cocobutt is SO cute in his spa wrap! :lol:

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OMg! You are too funny! If you really want him to be soft and smell of coconut,
try Tropiclean Puppy Shampoo. I guarantee he will smell good enough to eat :D
Puppy & Kitten - Hypo Allergenic Shampoo, Tearless
I will definitely give that a try! LOL the real reason he got his coconut wrap is its really supposed to help encourage their coat to come in and can help with any issues that might have come up -- when he got his rabies shot he lost a decent sized patch of fur that has since begun growing back in but I wanna hurry it up if I can as his first show is next month... if that makes them smell good, though, I will DEFINITELY pick some up! We just got some Buddy wash stuff and its not my favorite as far as smell goes.

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
J, T and O's Breeder gives Rabies vaccines in the armpit area because of the risk of
hair loss... The shampoo gives an incredibly soft, and good-smelling coat. It's holistic
ingredients and doesn't wash away their Frontline.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts