Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Never,i know my mum used to put C/Oil on her hair and do you know she didn't go grey till she was in her 70 so must have something in it

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
yes, i have heard of it, but i dont remember what all the benefits are, just that it is very good for them. i have the coco chips for my dogs and they love them

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
michele that is really somethin!

elaine hmmm i wonder if dex will like the chips too. this may be what i need for his dry skin. the benefits are in the link too hehe. it just sounds too good to be true. even says u cancook with theoil lmao

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
elaine hmmm i wonder if dex will like the chips too. this may be what i need for his dry skin. the benefits are in the link too hehe. it just sounds too good to be true. even says u cancook with theoil lmao

dont buy any of the chips! i have an extra little bag of em i will send you for Dexter to try, if he likes em than that'd be great! , if he doesnt , instead of throwing them away, you can send em back to me and my girls will eat em :)

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol! sounds good to me! hehehe. dex is soooo picky. btw did u just getup? we seem to be on at the same times. im just about to head to sleep lmao

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
yep, just woke up. going back to sleep does sound good, hehe. But i'm planning on getting to the Mall right when they open today. one more gift to buy for the SS presents and then i can mail them out today :D

·
Registered
157 Posts
I've been giving the dogs extra virgin coconut oil on their breakfast almost a year now. I get mine thru VitaCost, it's $20 for 1.6 liters. Many benefits including digestion, teeth health, and skin and coat health. Even helps kitty hairballs.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I agree with Bianca! Coconut oil is awesome! But don't buy the expensive dog stuff. Go to whole foods or vitacost.com online or similar and buy a container of extra virgin coconut oil. I rotate coconut oil along with fish oils (salmon, mixed fish, and krill). It's great for skin/coat. You can also rub it into the coat, it's very conditioning and it smells yummy. You can also cook with it yourself! It's great. :)

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Another vote for coconut oil here, and another vote for the stuff that you get at the health food store - a fraction of the cost AND human grade! I only give it about once a week but mostly cuz I forget. A few of mine don't like it so I put it in a little syringe and pop it in their mouths ;) It deffo helps their coats be softer!

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
With my Candida illness I have to have coconut oil and milk everyday, it kills bad yeasts. I also eat just plain unsweetened coconut and I give it to Amberleah all the time.
i am drinking a glass of cold coconut milk right now, yummy!!!

·
Registered
376 Posts
I never heard of it for dogs but I know it's wonderful for humans. Especially the unrefined kind. I guess I'll start giving the boys some too!

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yay thanks for the replies guys. will be lookin into it. so glad theres nuthin wrong with them

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Coconut oil is great! We just get the tubs at Wal-Mart, it's only a couple bucks and you get a HUGE jar of the stuff. The funny thing about it is that it's actually a "solid" until you warm it up. Doesn't take much, even just rubbing it in the palm of your hand will soften it... but when you first open the jar it's kind of a shock to see what basically just looks like candle wax LOL. I have never noticed an odor with it. But it's a really great moisturizer. Used to use it on the hairless cresteds I've fostered in the past.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I have the Coco therapy coco chips, the girls like them. I didn't buy them... they were a gift from a dog company that screwed up my order.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.