Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks. It is very cold here in Joliet IL. Zero is the reading right now. Hope you are all warm and cozy. If you have to take your pups out, make it a quickie. I love my adult pee pads for my dogs! They are washable human ones. Most doggies hate booties, but if you are out for more than a few minutes, their tiny little paws, ears etc will be very cold. Stay warm!

·
Registered
117 Posts
It looks like you're about to get hit with some more extreme weather. Please Stay safe and check in when you can.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, it is very cold. I am so frustrated with the TV people giving the FEEL LIKE temperatures, instead of the REAL temperature.! It is now, in Joliet, about -2 degrees. The FEEL LIKE temperature is more like -20 degrees!Yes once in a weather forcast it would be OK to tell us this, but many, many times? I lived through the 1985 -27 degree weather, so I'm sure I'll live through this. Our furnace went out during that time, came home from church to find the house at 50 degrees. Someone in the church came over and lit the pilot light and that seemed to fix it. Lost all the inside plants.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Thinking about you and the pups, Susan..I can't imagine that kind of cold temperatures. We are 24 degrees here this morning and our chi babies are gathered around the little heater we have just for them. The heat comes out at the bottom just at their level. "Southern dogs," lol!.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Deb, thanks for the kind words. We all are fine. I had the furnace cleaned and checked late fall, so everything is working fine. My Siamese cat loves to get behind the couch and lie near the air vent. My 'sun porch' which is enclosed, is at 24 degrees! Outside, I haven't heard yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts