Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of you know I've never had a small dog, and will be taking Cricket to the vet on the 15th anyway. She does have a partially collapsed trachea. We live in TX. I was noticing that when we are outside her coughing is getting much worse. Inside she is fine. We live in some seriously hot and humid weather. Which I just found out can make symptoms worse. I'm sure the vet will put her on something, but until we can get to the vet ( we are needing more tests on her other than that) is there anything I can do to from home to help make it better?

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Personally, I'd take this pup out early in the am and late in the evening. I let mine stay inside (pee pad trained) during the day. I have one now, that as soon as she gets outside is hacking and coughing. Off to the vet soon. Sue

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Personally, I'd take this pup out early in the am and late in the evening. I let mine stay inside (pee pad trained) during the day. I have one now, that as soon as she gets outside is hacking and coughing. Off to the vet soon. Sue
My husband doesn't want her to use a pad, she has to go outside. She is good with it. Just don't like hearing her cough. It sounds painful. I've been using benadryl and that seems to help a bit, but after she goes potty its right back in, even if I have to stay out a while.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts