• Collar only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both for walking

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
I always used to use a collar but a few days ago i put ozzy on his collar and when i pulled him into the house i must of pulled too hard - bad mommy- and he started making the most awful noise and I didnt know what to do I was just pannicking and saying - oh please stop - Im a bloody nurse for gods sake I deal with emergencies every day but my mind went blank, later on when he had stopped I put it down to the collar so now I am just going to wear a collar for show and a harness to walk him.

do you make all those collars and leads they are so cool- do you ship to the uk :wave:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Puck wears a red-leather spiked collar for his tag at all times, in case he manages to escape or something, but I (nearly) always use a harness for walking him.

Not only does it keep him from putting too much pressure on his neck when he pulls, it saved his life from a big dog because I had to pick him up with his leash with it once. Not something to do too often on purpose, but it can be done in a pinch.

I would simply use the harness, but I haven't found one with a good place for a tag...and it seems like it would be uncomfortable to wear all the time.

·
Registered
763 Posts
neither

I dont do collars cause of their delicate throats. I never did a harness. I carry them when we go away or put them in a tote. I have a fenced yard so they run there.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ozzys mom- are you talking about my website??? I dont remember posting it anywhere except my profile.

If you are - I think I can ship to the uk- I would need to find out about shipping. My website is not fully functional yet. There is one page on the site that I am thinking about taking off- I think it is the page with the most harnesses. The manufacturer is slow with their communication.

There are still more collars that I need to add.

I do not make anything on the site yet. I am in the process of making doggie tshrits and beds. I am going to have a line of human/dog matching shirts that are "modern", birthday shirts for dogs, and saying shirts for dogs.

I am also going to have beds. I designed a few. I am actually going to the seamstress today so you will see them soon.

Sorry if you were not talking about my website and I overloaded you with info!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I use a harness on Mindy.
Montana hates it so I use a collar on him, but I do like the harness much better for Chis.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the step in harness are great! there is only 1 clip.It is so fast and easy.
Rico and lola both have one in black.

The harness also rides low on the collar bone so it does not go directly on the neck.

There are also double clip harnesses. Rico and lola have one of these too! These are really nice because there are more colors. 1 leg goes through and it clips on! Do do not have to slip it over thier head and adjust.

The regular harnesses were too much of a pain for me!

I love the two types that I offer- they make life so easy! Rico and lola like it too. They raise thier paws when thier arms need to go in! They know the routine!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: neither

chimama said:
I dont do collars cause of their delicate throats. I never did a harness. I carry them when we go away or put them in a tote. I have a fenced yard so they run there.
What do you do when you are out? dont they ever need to use the bathroom? How do you manage that???

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
yes rico and lola I was going through the member list looking for mhy name to change my avatar (which I cant do) an then I started been nosey and looking at the websites people had as it says www next to your name and I saw yours and i just thought that the harnesses and collars are lovely because you do so many colours , I will definately look into getting ozzy a bed when you do those................good look with it , it is a great site :D

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
I use several different harness's for the girls, i have a couple of step ins for the tiny two, Sully has one with a collar and padded under legs but it doesnt pull on the throat, and recently i have made them different coloured faux leopard etc ones which look like little jackets, ive had lots of people admire them, being girls i can do bling bling! :p

·
Registered
763 Posts
harness/collar

I never really have taken them for a long trip or anything. Mine are paper trained so i guess i would just put papers in a kennel and take in the back with me.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Kemo wears a collar for ID purposes and a harness to go outside but even with a harness he can pull too hard and he makes that sound. Their trachea collapse....that really bothers me about the breed, his reverse sneezes and the collapsed trachea....very scary sometimes. You are suppose to cover their noses and then they should open their mouths which helps it go back but Kemo would just rather suffocate he wont open his mouth! dumb pupper :(

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Their trachea collapse....that really bothers me about the breed, his reverse sneezes and the collapsed trachea....very scary sometimes. You are suppose to cover their noses and then they should open their mouths which helps it go back but Kemo would just rather suffocate he wont open his mouth! dumb pupper :([/quote] .........When my girls do this choking the best way to stop them is to gently rub where the adams apple would be on their throats and talk calmley to them, this works well as they calm down and breath properly.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I will have them on my website shortly. They are about 14.00. Let me know what color you would like.

3/8” Deluxe Adjustable Teacup Harness, 8” - 11”

These are smaller than the ones they sell at the store.
black, blue, red, forest green, pink, purple, kelly green.

I can get it for you sooner.pm if you want me to get it for you. I can send you payment info!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
3/8” Extra Small Deluxe Adj. Harness, 11” - 16” is also avaliable. what size would you need?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts