Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both for walking

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I've used both and I like the harness; however, I had Zeus' harness on him and when I took it off to give him a bath I noticed it made the hair around the harness very course. It wasn't tight by any means (could put 2 fingers under it). Now, I don't have anything on him until I can figure something out. Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I just measured rico and lola. Lola is about 12.5 around and rico is a bit under 12. They both fit in the teacup harness. He is just at the end of the expansion. Rico is a skinny dog. If your dog is bigger i would go bigger. I can always exchange it, but you would need to send it back. think about it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I really would be interested in those collars too.
Both my babies are 5.5lbs.
So they are not extra small.
What size would they need????

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
sullysmum said:
quote] .........When my girls do this choking the best way to stop them is to gently rub where the adams apple would be on their throats and talk calmley to them, this works well as they calm down and breath properly.
Oh I have tried that, believe me, they say their are meds but I am not interested. It's very weird sometimes he goes awhile w/nothing and then he will do it several days in a row. Do you have any "pattern" like that? :?:

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
ozzysmom said:
toy little horse I keep meaning to ask you what does your siggy mean "dags" or is it sposed to be dogs ? just curious................lol
.........oh Claire you do make me laugh, i was just reading toy little horses message and got to the end and again said to myself i will have to ask does it mean dags or does it mean dogs, lo and behold the next message is yours saying exactly the same thing as i have been thinking,lol :lol:

·
Registered
559 Posts
sullysmum said:
ozzysmom said:
toy little horse I keep meaning to ask you what does your siggy mean "dags" or is it sposed to be dogs ? just curious................lol
.........oh Claire you do make me laugh, i was just reading toy little horses message and got to the end and again said to myself i will have to ask does it mean dags or does it mean dogs, lo and behold the next message is yours saying exactly the same thing as i have been thinking,lol :lol:
hahahhaa...its actually suppose to mean what its says....dags...its from the movie snatch....when the dog was barking and the man was like "yuh like dags?" and it was just real funny...if you know the movie you'll know what im talking about

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
I am going to use a harness because of the little neck.
I just can't find one small enough!

I had collars on my other dogs but they were MUCH bigger.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I always use harness when I walk Mocha and Beetle. They both wear a collar w/ a bell on it so I know where they're. And I'm lazy, I don't take off their collars when I walk them, so you'll see them wearing both the collar and the harness when they're out.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
absolethe said:
Puck wears a red-leather spiked collar for his tag at all times, in case he manages to escape or something, but I (nearly) always use a harness for walking him.
I would simply use the harness, but I haven't found one with a good place for a tag...and it seems like it would be uncomfortable to wear all the time.
I agree---collar for tag I.D., harness for walking. :)

·
Registered
549 Posts
I put a collar on my chis when they are pups so they get used to a collar, but they usually do not wear a collar unless they are going away and I need to leash them. Most generally they go outside with me and the only time they stay outside is in their run. They do not stay in the run if I am away, I am too worried that someone will help themselves to one of my pets. Right now, Dora goes up to anyone and wants to be held. So everyone is in the house when I am gone...

21 - 40 of 41 Posts