Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering which is best because in 2 weeks cody will be aloud out anyway iam not sure which is best .what does everyone use ant the advantage and disadvantages of both .thanks in advance:p

·
Registered
873 Posts
I would never walk Daisy on a collar. Chis have fragile trachea which can collapse if too much pressure is applied to their necks, which can be done by them wearing collars.
With harnesses, the pressure is spread out more along their chests.

I use the fabric step in harnesses, they are soft on Daisy and she likes them.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Colours are pretty and good for just home use

But i prefer Harnesses, Chihuahuas have delicate tracheas! YOu need to be careful not to hurt him too much if he pulls, plus they're comfier!

Its personal choice though :)

Good luck cant wait for loads of photos!!!!!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Bijoux used to wear a collar but she kept slipping it so she doesn't wear one anymore even in the house. I'm in the process of buying her a harness for walks :)

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Quinn has a collar on around the house. I have a harness for when we are out walking alot.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Harness for walks & being out in the town or just around people/other dogs in general (in case you have to yank em quick or if a person holds them...a good way to ensure to don't get dropped). :)

·
Registered
477 Posts
I prefer a harness because of the delicate trachea. A harness is also handy if you get into a situation where you need to get your dog out of danger quickly. You can just pick the dog up by the harness easily and without hurting it at all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts