Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dolly has really neat fur color... sounds odd I know. lol well, she's an all black chihuahua in the house but if you're outside you will see that she is actually a very dark brown. Another thing is that now her fur is changing color around her neck.. it's a light brown color. Is this normal? She'll be 6 months on the 20th.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Chico is changing colors, too. Mostly on his neck and face. All his black mask is gone except a bit above his nose. His neck and cheeks are a pretty creamy color and the rest of his face and head is turning more of a red than brown. His body is still a sable color. The most recent pics are still in my camera. :roll: It's kind of like getting used to a new dog!

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
all animals that are black show up as brown outside it is cool - my cat is jet black and outside when the sun shines he is dark reddy brown

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Yup it is normal for a Chi to change colors. Bosco body changed colors - his was a reddy-brown when I brought him home but now his body is almost all black. :shock: His legs and face has stayed almost the same, though. :D

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
My Koke started out all blue except for a white patch on her chest and the toes on her front feet.
She has changed colors so many times, I can't keep up. And she is still changing! Sigh....
She's going to be 6 months old tomorrow.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I got Lola at 3 months and she was a light tan, and now she is 8 months and she had turned very dark almost black on her back, but still so pretty!! So I know they do change. The funny thing though, I used to have a black and tan one and he never changed at all, stayed the same. Oh well, it is just fun watching them grow up, so TAKE ALOT OF PICTURES!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts