Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a few weeks, Im suppose to be getting my new puppy that Ive picked out.
The thing is, everyone is telling me he is a mix becouse of his curly coat, but I know the lady Im getting him from. She only has chihuahuas and Ive already met both the parents. The dad is a chocolate with tan markings longhair and the mom is a black with tan markings longhair.
She had another litter a few months ago that was by the same dad and in that litter there was one curly coated puppy. As the puppy got older, the coat straightened out and now he just has a slight wave to it, nothing like he did when he was much younger. Everyone Ive showed the picture to, says he is a mixed since he has a curly coat, but I know he isnt mixed.
What color is he?

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
He's chocolate
I'm not sure if his coats actually curly or just long and fuzzy some puppycoats have like an Afro look to them

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
He looks like a lovely blue color & he may be steal blue as he gets in his adult coat. I'd say he's mixed w/poodle or something because I've personally never seen a LC Chi with such a curly coat. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen to pure LC Chi's though. I'd be very curious to see what he looks like as an adult...please share more pics in the future! :)

Regardless...he is a cutie!!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I'd go with blue as well. I do love his coat though, it looks adorable! And FWIW keep in mind sometimes things skip generations; maybe mom's great great grandpa was actually a poodle; but everything's been bred with chi ever since. So even though parents, grandparents all look pure chi it's possible for an old genetic code to 'pop out' from time to time.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone :)
Im so excited and cant wait to get him :)
I dont think his coat is really curly, I think its just very wavey.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Very cute little guy, I'd say blue. I have a friend with a 'purebred' chihuahua who she did a dna test on and he is actually a Chihuahua/Pomeranian/Corgi mix, her dog looks possibly purebred, but he's larger than most chihuahuas. According to the DNA tests, His grandpa is a chihuahua/pomeranian mix, and great grandparent is a corgi. Both his parents looked purebred.

·
Registered
185 Posts
well, I'll go with the majority and say dark blue as well. He is absolutely adorable!!! More pics, please, as he gets older.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well my husband suprised me even more! He told me he had to work last night, but instead, he actually went and picked Smokey up!!
In person his coat isnt actually curly, but wavy.
He is currently sleeping on the computer desk next to me

1 - 20 of 24 Posts