Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that a good breeder won't sell puppies based on sex or color but does that go for all colors?? I mean, I go to a lot of puppy sellin' sites and bunches of them sell brindles for a lot more than I bought Lina for. I'm just wondering if that's normal...if they're actually as rare as they say. I know that I haven't seen a whole lot of them on here or out and about. So, if I was to want one would I be paying an arm and a leg for one??

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
my breeder has a bunch of brindle bitches and i don't think she sells higher for colors.... especially with brindle since her bitches will most likely throw a brindle pup or 2 in a litter. so for them to say the brindle is rare i don't think it is. same goes with the blue color, in the one litter there were a blue and white girl, blue brindle boy (jumba) a regular brindle female and a black male with brinlde markings on his legs. the mother is a brindle and the father carries the blue gene.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
i don't think they cost that much more.. but if i got another.. the only way i would be allowed to would be to get a brindle..my dad loves brindle dogs. we have a boston terrier (the mom was a black and white boston they also come in chocolate or brindle and white) and the dad was an itailan greyhound (white with some peach colored patches) they ended up having black and white, greyish and white and brindle puppies.. we took the runt of the litter, he was the smallest but had the cutest face and personality.. the people who had the puppies owned both dogs as house hold pets and decided they wanted just to have one litter and keep 2 of the pups so they did, the people were super nice they also had a golden retriever, and we got Nomar for $250!! He was the best $250 i ever spent!! He is my little snuggle bug, scoot is hyper and loves to run but nomar just loves to lay in the sun and chill!! I love my dogs....can't you tell??

i am sorry my story is so off topic.. i felt like sharing!!!

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bostons come in chocolate?? (I sound like I'm talking about purse or something lol). I thought they were only black and white. My bf and I are thinking about getting a bt instead of a chi this next puppy. I'm doing some research on them (we won't even start contacting breeders until after christmas) and I've only seen black and white. They're really expensive too...

But that was totally off topic lol All the brindle chi's that I'm seeing for sale are pretty expensive and they say they're rare. I don't see many of them on here so I thought I'd see how rare they are :) Apparently, I'm just not noticing them :)

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I think the gene that causes the brindle in chihuahuas is recessive making it somewhat rare.
The price may also be higher becasue of demand for brindles, but i wouldnt actualy know if theres alot of people after them. I do sometimes see breeders gve different pricing in the same little, based on markings, colour, size and sex.
In the uk litters are mainly sold for one price altho some people price females higher and smoothcoats tend to be more expensive than long, because they can be harder to get hold of.
Im sure if you keep looking youll find someone selling a brindle at just an average price.
mia
x

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
well before i got jamoka i had NEVER seen a brindle chi before so that's why i scooped him up. and the lady who was sell'n him and his sisters she wanted $ 700 for him and $850 for the girls.

the breeder i got jemini from really wants to breed jamoka but i keep miss'n her bicthes cycle! :x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts