Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i have a pup im not sure of his color. hes white with blue and brown merle patches and blue eyes. his mums a fawn merle and his dads cream and apricot we later found out that he is a hidden merle. the pup seems healthy but am concernd about sight and hearing hes only 4 weeks old. could anyone tell me what color he is? i am having him vet checkd next week. thanks

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I am no good with colors but would love to see pics :)

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I would pass on the pup... a merle x merle breeding, esp. to a light/hidden merle, is not something I'd touch w/ a 10 foot pole :( Merles should ONLY be bred to a solid or tri-color black dog or bitch, anything else is asking for trouble.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I thought you bred this pup yourself and was asking? If not, do you have the puppy now at 4 weeks old? If not then I have to agree there may be some health or genetic issues with this pup due to its breeding.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i did breed the pup, theres another 1 a bitch shes a fawn merle and no blue eyes. This was an accident, i didnt know the dad was a hidden merle. The pup will be for sale if theres no health problems.

·
Registered
52 Posts
hi chilli had a merle dad i didnt know that this caused problems:confused: he was at the vets alot when he was young.... he developed a bad skin infection an ear infection and his hair started to fall out, he was on antibiotics for a long time and he wouldnt eat.hes just had a recent visit to the vet and everything seems fine thank goodness.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i am sorry for chilli, but i didnt do this on purpose, i love this breed and have some beautiful dogs, this pup too is beautiful and we will keep him should he have any difficulties, i am a responsible person and believe we are eternally responsible for that which we create. its just his color that quizzes me. i will take pics later and put them on so you can all see him. im open to any clues to his color, i have never seen anything like him. i would say he is parti merle pied?!

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Accidents do happen. I hope the little guy is healthy without any issues.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi guys, just to say that i havnt forgotten about putting some pics up, im just so busy had a litter of bengal kittens born last nite 6 healthy kittens also have a litter of munchkins coming soon!!! and at the end of the month a litter of bostons. so will get round to it asap. chi puppies doing great and off for their vet check on friday.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts