Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
His full name is actually Blanco Tequila Taquito, why? Because 'White' Tequila is my favorite and when I first got him I was dating a guy whose little baby brother couldnt pronounce Tequila and called him Taquito in stead so onto his CKC registration form it went. He never actually got registered, why? Because my ex promised to drop the paper work in the mail for me one day while barrowing my car and instead threw it in the back of the car and put a bunch of junk on top of it. I didn't find it till long after we broke up and I sold the car to a friend of mine who found it. She gave it back to me but I don't know if he can even be registered at this point. He was four months old when I got him and he'll be five years old in Feb (on the 17th). In my opinion its no biggy except for the fact that people tend to accuse me of lying saying there is no way hes 100% chihuahua because he isn't a teacup. Has anyone else had the issue of people thinking your standard size chi is actually mixed and not purebred? His mom was a standard deer head with short tan fur and his dad was a teacup apple head with long tri colored fur, so even though hes pure bred hes mixed in 'types' I guess you could say.

Heres some pictures from oldest to newest:

His first day home

1st day home
1st day home
1st day home
1st day home- Sorry, I was so excited I was shaking so the camera's a lil funky
5 months, He loves to pic out his clothes! Unfortunately he out grew most of his favorites and I just can not find polos anymore- can you guys (other than ordering online, I like him to try on his clothes first)

feels like just yesterday!

7 months old
7 months old pic with me i think I was like 17 or 18 in this pic. I love this pic of us though, he looks so cute and its got an old timey feel (which is why I put it in sepia)

I think he was like 10 months here, we were sleepin on my floor because I had hurt my back

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and the rest

Ok this is my fav pic EVER, it was his first birthday and we were awaiting the guests. He looked so regal <3

Owning my arm, he was a little over a year in this pic
One of my absolute favorite pics of us ever, its just too cute i think

This is a good one from when Kahlua began getting healthy (Tequila was semi raised with ferrets so after we moved out of my moms and in with my fiancee my fiancee and I decided to get ferrets. Kahlua was first and she was nearly dead when her previous owner gave her to me. After a few months I had her up and running again- this pic may not look like it but she and Tequila are best of friends)

few months ago, his half smile

Goofin off with Kahlua a few days ago

lookin like a bat
Playin with Mojito in the kitchen
Showin off his christmas gift!

He is spoiled, he owns the couch and the best blanky (down comforter) they are his bed. His actual bed he uses as a chew toy..... lol

Thems all for now, Enjoy XD

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!

Men suck!!
Just so you know there is no such thing as a teacup chihuahua there are long coat chihuahuas and smooth coat chihuahuas.

I can see why people would think he is a mix he looks a little jrt to me and men really do suck always best to do something yourself haha

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
He's a sweet heart! I love his look. Not all Chihuahuas are "tiny" My cousins Chi was male and he was normally 9lbs not fat. He did gain weight towards the end of his life due to meds I think he was on but still 9lbs. My Kizzie is 7lbs but a bag of bones lol Your baby is adorable! I love his size tbh! =)

As for men, I won't go there! I will say though and I think we all know, if we want it done right we gotta do it ourselves! LOL

·
Registered
195 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!

Men suck!!
Just so you know there is no such thing as a teacup chihuahua there are long coat chihuahuas and smooth coat chihuahuas.

I can see why people would think he is a mix he looks a little jrt to me and men really do suck always best to do something yourself haha
i thought jrt too when i saw the pics.....he is a very handsome chap :) looks like a proper lil lad lol x

·
Registered
125 Posts
In my opinion its no biggy except for the fact that people tend to accuse me of lying saying there is no way hes 100% chihuahua because he isn't a teacup. Has anyone else had the issue of people thinking your standard size chi is actually mixed and not purebred?
Tequila is quite handsome! I really like his all-white coat.

Zippy is built very much like Tequila and was listed as a "possible" Chihuahua mix by the shelter. I think that this might be due to the fact that he is 8lbs. I am no Chihuahua expert but I bet that I've looked at hundreds of Chi pictures over the past few months and there is nothing about Zippy that says anything but "Chihuahua". He's just a little bigger than the norm, that's all. I'd bet the same about your Tequila too.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I can see the chi, but I can see a favor to JRT too. Though, Chi's come in all shapes, sizes, colors etc.

My future in-laws have 2 old Jack Russel Terriers name Cuervo and Tina, tequilas of course haha.

·
Registered
477 Posts
He's adorable! Chis come in different sizes, just like people. I had an AKC registered Chi who weighed 12 pounds and he was at the right weight for him. He was just a bigger guy. I also had a little 4-lb Chi, a 6-lb Chi, and my Lavender weighs 5.5 lb. Your boy is a cutie. Love him!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome to the forum!!

Men suck!!

Thats why he is my EX lmao, my current beau is so good with Tequila is isnt even funny. He will call me and be like "Hows my boy doin?" and he helps me take care of him. Unfortunately he is allergic to poor Tequila so Tequila isnt aloud to sleep in the bed with us, instead we got him a down comforter and gave him the couch.
I know that technically there is no teacup chihuahua but I guess since its just a term that we always used for the smaller chis that came in when I was working at kennel (and the used it at the shelter i used to volunteer at) so it just kinda stuck with me, lol.

See, I dont see a strong JRT resemblance. My uncle used to breed AKC JRTs and so maybe thats why? The base of his head isnt square enough and his muzzle isnt boxy, all together his features are too round to be JRT. His limbs are also the wrong proportion and his tail isn't docked and even when you look at an undocked JRT's tail its way more curly than Tequila's when its casual and even when at attention JRT's tails are curlier.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
He's a sweet heart! I love his look. Not all Chihuahuas are "tiny" My cousins Chi was male and he was normally 9lbs not fat. He did gain weight towards the end of his life due to meds I think he was on but still 9lbs. My Kizzie is 7lbs but a bag of bones lol Your baby is adorable! I love his size tbh! =)

As for men, I won't go there! I will say though and I think we all know, if we want it done right we gotta do it ourselves! LOL
I think with my EX he was actually jealous of Tequila. My fiancee is much better with him, treats him soo good and loves him a lot. I think my fiancee would've done it right- lol.
Thank you thank you, I love his size too because I really think if I had one of the itty bitty ones it'd be a problem. Mojito can get really crazy when he rough houses and Tequila's the perfect size for it (Even though Mojito can still kick Tequila's butt.... lol). Also, since I used to sleep with him (my fiancee is allergic so now he sleeps on the couch with his down comforter) i would always thank my lucky stars he was as big as he is because if he was tiny I would worry I'd roll over on him or something, I move around A LOT in my sleep lol.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
CKC isn't a "real" registry anyway, they have registered things like chickens, pigs, even a hippo as a chihuahua with them.

AKC is the only registry in the US that has any validity the rest just take your $$ to make you feel you have a purebred.

Not saying he's not purebred, although he does look like a mix, I don't think many people realize how hard it is to maintain the "look" of a purebred chihuahua when breeding, and they can easily look more like your little fellow, who's very cute but maybe not the first thing to pop in someone's head when they think "chihuahua".

His name is really cute too!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tequila is quite handsome! I really like his all-white coat.

Zippy is built very much like Tequila and was listed as a "possible" Chihuahua mix by the shelter. I think that this might be due to the fact that he is 8lbs. I am no Chihuahua expert but I bet that I've looked at hundreds of Chi pictures over the past few months and there is nothing about Zippy that says anything but "Chihuahua". He's just a little bigger than the norm, that's all. I'd bet the same about your Tequila too.
Thanks, everyone keep saying (even here) that he looks JRT.. maybe I don't see it because my uncle was an AKC JRT breeder and I know them so well, every detail. His features are too rounded, his limbs arent the right proportion- i can bring it down to the fact that the curve in his spine isnt the same. His tail isn't docked and even JRTs who are undocked have way shorter curlier tails than his. I just dont see it at all. As far as the pic you have showing by ur username, Zippy looks all chi to me too. I guess people don't realize the smaller ones only come from years and years of breeding small chis to small chis and that originally they were more Tequila and Zippy's size. I think, also, when people think Chihuahua they think the apple head kind- not the deer head, which is less domed than the apple (HOWEVER not as flat as the JRT's head). The chihuahua is said to have come from a breed called the Techichi, who were 'heavy boned' dogs. They weren't originally the dainty pooches we see today, not that there is anything wrong with tinier chi but just to make facts known.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts