Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of your Chi's come to work with you? How did you broach this with your bosses. I've been working a lot from home lately, and its been great. Ori has really settled. Now though, I think I have to go back to the office. I'm not sure how to ask if i can bring my Chi - will they think i'm mad?!:foxes15:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm blessed to be a business owner, and we have 8 people in the office area for starters. All of them love dogs, but I am the only one allowed to bring one to work. (of course!) I recently had my office recarpeted and although I only bring her Twice a month or so, (really now, if I did it anymore than that, I'd never get anything done) she still hasn't gone on the carpet and AMEN for that. She can go anywhere in the office area and there's grass across the street when it's time 'to go'. Our newest employee referred to her laughingly as a 'Rat Dog' and I came down on him like a terrible train wreck. He still apologizes about it and I just smile at him, knowingly. LOLOLOL

I can't imagine how to approach your boss about this one, though I wish you all the best with it.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I dunno - but I sure wish I could bring Piña to work - offices are BORING, she could liven the place up playing fetch ball all day!! Up and down the corridors - she'd have a blast!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I think a huge part in deciding whether or not to ask would be the kind of work you do. I would absolutely love to bring Milo with me, but I would never get any work done, nor would Milo have any peace as I work in an early education classroom full of kids between 3 and 4 years of age. It would be a health and safety issue with my employer. While I know the chances of Milo ever biting or scratching a child would be slim to none, the school district would be held liable if something were to happen.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all of your responses! i'm a writer, so my hours slip by in front of a screen. I've been freelancing at home, but its rough on the bank account! So, back to work! How long do you guys leave your cuties?

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Yeah same here. I would LOVE to bring my Minky baby to work, but I don't think that would work in a corporate environment. Good luck!

·
Registered
342 Posts
I take mine to work Taco one day Nina the next My mother in law brings her dog to work to and of course we have the dog that lives in our yard at work but it helps being a family business but we are the only ones that bring our dogs to work we have 50 employees can you imagine if they all brought their dogs to work

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Milo is pretty darn lucky in that he is only left alone at home for short periods of time. I work from 8am to 3:30pm, Monday - Friday. Hubby works 3pm to 11pm Friday - Tuesday and the kids get home from school at about 3pm.. Milo is left alone for an hour a day, three days a week. I have summers off so he is never alone during the summer. He is a pretty lucky chi. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yusuke has to be left alone for most of the day, as my husband and I are usually up at about 4am to start the day and we're not home until after five usually. We pretty much just gate off the kitchen and Yusuke has free run of that room, with his toys and pee pad and his lil bed. His big sister, Kisa, is a cat so she just leaps over the fence to play with him when she wants to.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SPC, thanks for your message. I am getting more comforatble with leaving her during the day. I guess its causing me more worry than it will her!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts