Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had this Tinkie harness for Lily first...never had much luck with her being comfortable in it.

Bought this Susan Lanci step in with bow yesterday and LOVE it...more importantly, she did too. Seems much more comfortable with it.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's the bow harness I want! But I'm so insures about sizing :-(. What size does lily wear? Braxton has about a 12" girth. It's just under 12". She's almost 9" long and is just over4 1/2 lbs.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Thanks, Lily's measurements are girth-11, neck-6 1/2, back length-8.
The xxs is perfect but NOT tight on her. I'm loving these

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
We love the SL harnesses! When I purchased Odie's first one, I considered the tinkie but I decided against it because of the Velcro and the way it goes around the neck. The step-ins are amazing if you find a good fit! We had two XS/S step-ins but they were slightly too big. For anyone considering them, I would suggest trying one on your dog in person or ordering from somewhere that accepts free returns.

Odie's girth is 12.5" and she wears a XS. It fits like a glove naked and over a thinner shirt.

·
Administrator
9,991 Posts
We love the SL harnesses! When I purchased Odie's first one, I considered the tinkie but I decided against it because of the Velcro and the way it goes around the neck. The step-ins are amazing if you find a good fit! We had two XS/S step-ins but they were slightly too big. For anyone considering them, I would suggest trying one on your dog in person or ordering from somewhere that accepts free returns.

Odie's girth is 12.5" and she wears a XS. It fits like a glove naked and over a thinner shirt.

Elaine sent me Minnie's XS/S and it fit BG who has a 14" chest

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
So cute! I love hot pink on her! Leo had a gilt more tinkie harness as a pup but my friend told me to use a step in instead, she said the tinkie could pull on his trachea and since he was a baby just learning how to walk on a leash, I never ended up using it. But I think it's fine if you're babies don't pull on a leash!

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay. Is that for the step in harness? Do you think xxs is right size for Brax? Her girth is just under 12", she's also about 9" long.

I'm not so sure...look below at the other measurements, you might want the xs. Try to fins a store near you that carries them and see if the have a couple sizes to try on.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts