Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My laptop got a virus / malware on it tonight. The "virus" blocked me from getting online, scanning for viruses, etc. I couldn't do anything. I restarted in safe mode and installed malwarebytes and scanned. 15 items were found. They are quarantined but i'm sure need to be deleted. I'm afraid to delete them though as some of them are in the registry key, and registry value?!? I dont' know if i should delete or what.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I am no help what so every in this area :-( Hopefully someone will chime in soon ;-)

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
i ahd this. i couldnt do anything on windows untill i paid them!!

but no worries, start system up again and as you do press ctr, alt, del and go throught the programs and delete the virus. when computer loads up fully check system 32 folder to make sure its delted there too then restart comp and all should be fine x

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
This one here has been plagued...I have "stripped it completely" deleated everythiing and started over three times since November...ugh !!

I blame the kids...
At this point I am not afraid to deleate anything...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Prevx - PC and Internet Security for Home & Families, Businesses, Enterprises, Banks, Financial, eCommerce, and their customers.

Prevx is the best thing I've found for stubborn malware.
You can get a 30 day license.

I think the key is, with any software, you scan the pc, clean it, disconnect from the internet and shut off firewall/antivirus, then reboot and let it scan to be sure it's gone, THEN reconnect everything.

I could not get rid of a certain malware without resorting to privx though, and they have a guarentee, if the software doesn't get rid of it, you can call them and they'll pursue it further with you.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks alan, i'll check it out. I haven't messed with it since yesterday, it still wants to know if i want to delete files (malwarebytes) but i'm afraid to because it said registry key and registry values were also affected so i dont' know if deleting everything would mess the pc up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts