Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having problems with my laptop...I dropped it :-/ So I am looking for a new one. I presently have a Toshiba Satellite, with Windows Vista Premium. I am not sure what model and such as I have had it for a couple of years now.
I am looking at 2 different Toshiba Laptops right now and they are...
Toshiba Satellite® L305-S5921 15.4" Widescreen Notebook Computer With Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core Processor T3400

and

Toshiba - Satellite Laptop with Intel® Celeron® Processor 585 - Matte Silver
Model: L305-S5919 | SKU: 9191849

They look like they have alot of the same features but I was wondering which would be the newer model? One is a S5921 and the other is a S5919 I have no idea about computers but I would think the higher number meant newer?
Also any feedback on these computers would be great. All I really want is something for surfing the web, email and downloading pictures from my digital camera and the price is only around $400.00 for both of these puters;-)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Computer Saavy

I took a quick look at the specs on both machines. Both are very similar except the Windows package, one is home premium and the other is home basic. hard drive space is the same on both etc. The L305-S5921 looks like its a newer model according the the Toshiba website. I would go for the newer model with the better windows package for the same cost. According to feedback it seems to do all you want, however gaming on it seemed a little ropey, but it you want it to surf and download pics onto then I woud go for the S5921. I hope this helps.;)

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
I have a Toshiba Satellite now and i hate it! lol

I got it at walmart for $350 ($650) it was on sale, like they say you get what you pay for.

So far i've had to re place the chager and now it started beeping when i started it , now a short beep but a BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

and it will aways bring me to the bottom of the page. I'm looking into getting another one but money is tight.
Now the desk top dell i got on sale for $350 works great.

Now if you get either one of them and it works let me know!

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. It looks like a simple USB 4 port hub did the trick so now I do not have to shell out money for a new puter:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts