Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We dont have this thread for concerns and questions concerning newly rescued dogs.

One thing I have noted with my own rescure is he will still run like the devils on his heels if he is let off his leash. I know he had been a stray. I dont know If he will ever been trustworthy off it. I have no less than 4 different leashes for just him.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
WELL FIRST I THINK YOU SHOULD BE PRAISED (WELLDONE* FOR RESCUEING HIM,

being a stray i guess you just don't know what experiences he has had, and if you could trust him, but maybe you could try confind spacing, I know in are parks theres parts of the greens that are closed off with fences, which are good for the dog that likes to do a runner!

Im sure he loves you so much, hed probably run and then realise your not their and run back, but obviously we dont want to risk that.

My staff used to be an angel with people but when it cam e to other dogs shed go mental, but when shed run for one we'd call her favourite theing, her Ball, if not a sweet, open a crisp packet and shed coming flying back! But she'd get a treat or her ball for coming back, a reward!

Yet i think in the end shed chase the dogs for the sake of it,becuase shed run back before wed evan called for a treat or ball lol

There must be something your able to do to get his full on attention, though it must be extra hard because of his past!

Whateva happens Im sure hes still happy to be with you 4 leads or not!
x x x x x Let us no x x x x

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the link ms_p Ill look over it and see. Sunny didnt come from a mill tho. He was found in a woodyard in Louisiana. I dont know how he got there but the people there made a mascot of him and when he started getting in the way the boss thretened to shoot him. This according to the truckdriver friend of my moms who got him.
Sunny will come back when hes ready to but will dodge and run almost daring you to catch him. Really thats the only bad habit he has.Hessmart, quiet,calm ,rarely barks and is 100% house trained.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My puppy mill dog

I got my dog from a puppymill. Unfortunatly I didn't know about them until after I got my dog. I search for 9mo for the right dog and found a breeder in OK. He sent me several pictures and I talked with him on the phone. My puppy came to me and I picked him up at the airport. He was so happy to get out of his crate but he was covered in urine and feces. So the first stop was the airport bathroom to wash up. He came with papers from ACA (I know that should have been a bad sign now) and a health cert. I noticed he had two different b-days listed. One said he was 8 weeks the other 6 weeks. I started to do research and found out that the guy I got him from has about 400 dogs. All small breeds. I also found that the last USDA inspection was in 1/2000. So I filed a complaint. My boy hates being in a crate. (My other 2 dogs love theirs) He still potty's in the house. Well cower down if you reach down to pet him on his head. I am so glad that he doesn't have any health issues. Its amazes me that at 6-8 weeks of age he came to me with these problems. Most people would never know by looking at him now what he has gone through. He is happy, loves to sleep under the covers with me and can't be out of my sight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts