Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I played a little rough with Nike, she really liked it.
Today she's CONSTANTLY whining for me to play with her. I walked her, played with her, played fetch...
What should I do?!

·
Registered
801 Posts
Sounds like she's trying to "train" you! :p

I love the pic of her with your son by the way...so cute!!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Sky does the same thing. I think that they are definitely trying to train us to do whatever they say and play whenever they want lol.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
She's a puppy with a puppy's energy. I would be worried if she didn't want to play all the time. :) All my older dogs will be sleeping and Babushka is off playing with toys by herself. She plays all day long.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Amberleah is same way, she insists on me sitting on the floor with her. yup I do it. even if I don't play she is content I am on floor like she is. She is doing this as I type, I have to get up to type, I can use wireless mouse for the other things I really need to get a cordless key board too LOL

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
haha, she just never really BEGGED for me to play with her before I started playing all rough with her. In hindsight probably shouldn't have played that rough and get her in a bad habit.

By "begged" i mean "DEMANDED". She's begged before by bringing a toy to me. Now she just comes up and barks at me and runs back when I try to pick her up like she wants me to chase her... Eeep what have I started.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Jaxx does this. Usually when I am working on college homework and he thinks it is playtime. Sometimes I take a break and play sometimes I tell him to stop. Sometimes if I am busy with school work I will just go pick up all of his toys and put them beside me and throw one for him to catch and then wait until he is ready to get another one (he usually chews on them for a few minutes in between tosses.)
It took a while for Jaxx to start wanting to play and be hyper but now in the daytime he thinks it is playtime all day long and then in the evenings he lays around and naps or cuddles.
Jaxx will usually start whining and then if you ignore him he will start barking. I have a hard time denying him sometimes though because he is adorable when he does it. If you do not pay attention to his whining he starts barking and stamping his front paws like he is saying "can't you see I want to play?"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts