Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guinness did not poop first thing this morning. He had breakfast - and still no poops. I've had to keep him in his crate so he doesn't poop in the no-no places. (We are having a hard time trying to stop him from pooping around the house).

I take him outside, and am ready to give him a treat for pooping - but it's 11:30am, 5 hours that he's been up and still no poop. What do I do for constipation?

I gave him a few bites of Fiber One - thinking that might help a little.. but not sure..?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just know the moment i let him out of his crate - he's going to go off somewhere and poop in a no-no spot (inside). We're still having difficulty at 6 months with house training him. :-/

·
Registered
481 Posts
dont worry,my chi is almost 6 months and he is DEFINITLY not house trained yet but just keep on purservering and carry on with that medicine your giving him incase he is constipated.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
If your he is still constipated give him a Tablespoon of pumpkin filling (from the can,) twice a day until he poops It will loosen him up. This is a great and natural way to loosen them up :)

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
dog's can go for a day without pooping with no worries. just wait til tomorrow to do anything about it. he may even be "saving" it to go in a no no spot...

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
luv4mygirls said:
dog's can go for a day without pooping with no worries. just wait til tomorrow to do anything about it. he may even be "saving" it to go in a no no spot...
Dogs can, but not sure puppies can. I believe he is definitely saving it for a no-no spot.. :lol:

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
You'll know if he's constipated because he won't want to eat either. Usually they go hand in hand since an extremely full colon depresses the appetite. Your dog will also feel discomfort in the abdominal area, and you might see some scooting, yelping and trying to poop, lethargy, etc...

I was scared Tiny was constipated for the longest time because she didn't poop for 2 days, but I figured out that it was her normal cycle, on a high protein diet. Switched her to a new diet after she gained enough weight, and she's back to normal I hear.

If she doesn't poop or eat dinner tonight, I'm sure you'll let us know =)

-Nate

1 - 10 of 10 Posts