Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cooper has posted his post-op photos on his website(no advertising until 40 posts please once again refer to the rules in the newbie section) but I thought I'd throw one in for your own shock and horror. :cry:

He had luxating patella surgery yesterday (he injured himself as he rolled down the bank of the river, trying to dive in gracefully) and he's not happy at all with me today.

·
Registered
889 Posts
me and zoey are going to the vet today to see if she has to have surgery on her luxating patellas. the 1st vet we went to said yes... and the appt today is with the surgeon...

i'm nervous!!!

i hope cooper feels better! he doesn't have to wear a cast?

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Bella sends Cooper a gentle hug....poor little guy..hopefully he will have an uneventful recovery.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cooper doesn't have to wear a cast at all because they want his wound to heal quicker. It oozed a little last night (okay, I make a horrible nurse) but has been fine today.
The doctor said in 4 days, he can go on short 10 minute walks to encourage him to use his leg and then he can lengthen walks after accordingly. He said it should be a month before he's literally up and running again.
He's doing very well today though, using his leg already. I called the vet because I was worried and he was thrilled that Cooper isn't hopping around on the three good legs and said to just let him go do whatever he wants with the exception of jumping up and down from the couch, of course.
The doctors I spoke to (I got a second and third opinion) said dogs and cats won't do anything they are incapable of doing with these kinds of injuries and subsequent recoveries, so I'm just letting him walk around and stretching out the leg as much as he wants. The hard part is keeping the cat from pouncing on him!!
Oh, and I wasn't advertising ... I just had a direct link to the rest of the photos on his website. :(

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Poor baby! I hope he feels better soon! :(

As for the advert rules, they have to set some rules. All kinds of newbies come on here trying to post links to their sites that sometimes advertise their items they are selling (when they aren't active members) and sometimes have innapropriate content. So they need to apply the rules to everyone to make it fair. :wave:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you go to Cooper's website, just click on page 6 on his photos page and it will take you to the rest of the pictures!

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
it was because not only does it have Coopers pics it also advertises clothes etc and it does seem like you are going to be an active member but we have to be fair and have the rules in place for everyone - sorry but you will soon have 40 posts :wave:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts