Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I can't believe my mom didn't let me know this place was here and I could hop up in the chair and type just like she does. I blame OmaKitty. She doesn't like it when I have fun. She gets jealous and tells Mom that I'm spoiled. Whatever OmaKitty! Look at me now! Top of the world!!!

I'm going to make my first entry about my favoritest thing in the whole world - ME!!

My name is Cooper. My full name is Alice Cooper Lombardi. Don't ask me why; I don't know why my mom would be so mean to a tiny puppy. I was adopted from a nice man named Johnnie who told my mom if she gave him some money, she could have me forever. Mom always tells me that she would have paid anything to get me but I was a bargain. She's nuts.

I have many diplomas. I have three, which is a good thing because I can only count to three. I have one from manners class that was a lot of fun because I already had manners - it was everyone else there that needed help! Maybe they had me there to use as an example. Anyway, I also got my Canine Good Citizen diploma when I learned how to wait by Mom if we're walking and she stops to talk to someone. What they didn't know was I am a free-range Chihuahua and I don't like leashes!! I stick close to Mom anyway. I know OmaKitty is always trying to convince her to leave me places so I have to make sure that she doesn't.

I also have an assistance dog diploma which Mom calls my "college" diploma. In that class, I learned how to dial the telephone, open a door and do lots of other stuff. It was a hard class!! Mom says I'm the first one in the family to graduate from college. I think it's a good thing.

I have a sister, OmaKitty, and she isn't very fond of me. I don't know why - everyone else I meet LOVES me. She calls me bad names and there are places in the house that she doesn't allow me to go. If I do, she runs and tells Mom. She's a tattle-tail. I love her though; she's my sister!! I do what she tells me to do because I want her to love me back. I don't even mind that she sleeps with Mom while I have to sleep in my kennel. I don't understand it, but I don't mind it at the same time.

My favoritest people in the whole world, other than Mom and OmaKitty, are my Aunt Jane and my Aunt Heather. Aunt Jane is mommy to my best friend, Cash. He's a mutt but I love him like a rockstar. When Aunt Jane's around, I just hop and jump and lick her all over because I love her so much. Aunt Heather is mommy to my girlfriend, Noel. Noel is a border collie and we go on walks together when it's not hot outside. I love Aunt Heather soooo much and she always brightens my day when I see her. She loves me too... she calls me her little "Coop-Coop".

I have a Grandma and Grandpa too. I love visiting them. They live far far far away and Mom and I will drive up to see them every now and then. At Thanksgiving and Christmas, OmaKitty goes with us. I like riding in the car but OmaKitty doesn't. She barfs and poops everywhere and gets very upset. I don't understand why she can't just lay down and take a nap. We always stop at Sonic in a town called Clifton and Mom gets a burger and a coke because she says that since Grandpa has a diabetes problem, it's the last time we'll see anything with flavor until we leave. She's sooo right about that.

I love my Grandpa with all my heart. He calls me his boy. When we visit, he picks me up and puts me inside his jacket and carries me around everywhere. Mom tells him that I know how to walk but he doesn't care. I like how he can tell Mom to go to h-e-double hockey sticks and she doesn't punish him like she would me and OmaKitty. I must find out how he does that.

Anyway, I like Grandma but I don't go to her. No one understands because they say she's a nice lady and everyone loves her. But OmaKitty told me a long time ago that Grandma is hers and I'm not allowed to touch. So I don't. When we're at Grandma and Grandpa's house, OmaKitty is actually nice. She loves Grandma and sits with her all the time. It's weird because OmaKitty doesn't like anyone.

I'm writing a lot. I'm sure OmaKitty will find Mom and tell her I'm on the computer soon.

I had surgery on my knee about 2 weeks ago. Mom said I had a luxating patella and it had to be taken out so I can run and have fun. I have to have surgery on the other leg once the first one is healed completely. I didn't like surgery but it wasn't all that bad. The worst part is they had to shave my hair and everyone loves my hair! It's still growing back in and Mom says it will probably be another 2 weeks before it looks normal again.

That's all for now. I'm going to go see if I can get OmaKitty in trouble now.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Don't worry, Cooper, your mom is never going to leave you anyplace. She's nuts but she's not THAT nuts. :shock: (I know that's "shock" but it looks like "nuts" too).

You write well, especially for a dog. Don't take this the wrong way but too often your kind isn't very well versed in spelling, punctuation and grammar.

I hope you'll continue to maintain your diary because you have quite a refreshing outlook on life. Thanks for stopping by.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rachael Polachek said:
Don't worry, Cooper, your mom is never going to leave you anyplace. She's nuts but she's not THAT nuts. :shock: (I know that's "shock" but it looks like "nuts" too).

You write well, especially for a dog. Don't take this the wrong way but too often your kind isn't very well versed in spelling, punctuation and grammar.

I hope you'll continue to maintain your diary because you have quite a refreshing outlook on life. Thanks for stopping by.
Thank you very much. My mom taught me to be polite and considerate, as well as well-spoken. She's the best!!

I know Mom would never leave me anywhere but you can never be too sure of anything. I like to hedge my bets, so to speak when it comes to clinging to her side when out in public. PLUS, what if a mean person swooped down and grabbed me because I'm so cute and handsome and wonderful? No way Jose!!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, I'm back. OmaKitty was updating her website all night and being a pain in my rear-end. I had so much to say earlier but NOooooo... I think Oma actually didn't update her site - she just sat on the computer to keep me off of it. :(

We had lots of excitement at the house this afternoon. Mom had an exacerbation which is an "episode" of her MS stuff. Before she even knew it, I was calling 911 and getting the emergency people to the house. Mom thanked me for calling them but wished I hadn't until she asked me to. I guess I jumped the gun a bit.

The emergency people came and there was a nice lady and a nice man that came in the house. They thought I was really cool because I have my very own phone AND I know how to use it. Plus, they were very impressed with my beautiful color and personality ... but who isn't??

They left after they checked out Mom. She's fine, she said it was just a small exacerbation. I think she was just about to forgive me for not waiting for her to tell me to get the phone and the doorbell rang. Oh yeah ... I called Mom's friend, Troy after 911. He came busting through the door and said I had called him, tattling on me. He checked Mom too and she told him she was fine and she gave me a mean look.

OmaKitty was happy that Troy came over though because she has known him ever since she came to live with Mom and she says he's the only man she really likes. Troy has a cat and his name is Go-Go and OmaKitty and Go-Go play together when Mom and I go out of town overnight.

Troy left after a while and Mom sat on the couch and gave me a mean look again. I knew I was in trouble because I hadn't waited like I was supposed to. Mom made me sit down on the floor and she put my phone in front of me after she messed with the buttons for a minute. Then she made me practice my phone dialing skills. I dialed 911 like a million times ... but they never came... I don't know why. Mom's cell phone DID start ringing like crazy though.

After that was all over with, we went to the coffee shop and I saw Happy Jack, my biggest fan. He's a nice homeless man that works at the coffee shop to make money. He thinks I am the complete and total shiz-nit!! I gave him kisses all over and Mom talked to him about my knee surgery his dog, Rico. I noticed Rico wasn't there. Mom and Happy Jack talked for a bit about him then Mom got teary eyed and gave Happy Jack a big hug. He was crying, so I licked his face really good. Later, Mom told me that Rico had died because he was old. That makes me really sad because Rico was my friend and Happy Jack loved him very much. Mom said we'd come home and find a picture we have of me and Rico so we could get it framed for Happy Jack.

Anyway, I digress. After we talked to Happy Jack, Mom went to the window and ordered her coffee. Sun was working and Mom has a crush on him so she had to stand there and talk to him FOREVER!! It was weird though; she didn't let me off my leash so I could visit everyone on the patio. I didn't understand. I did later.

After Mom finished schmoozing with Sun, we went to the fountain area. I was ready to run around and have fun but Mom kept my leash on me. It was there that I realized this wasn't a social visit for us - she was making me do my training!! All because I made ONE little mistake!! We did sit, down, stay, wait, come, heel ... the WHOLE time, there were people strolling by that I could have been talking to!! It was horrible. Mom says that I have to study to keep my mind sharp so I won't make mistakes again.

We came home and I climbed in bed. I think I'm safer in there. Later, Mom came over and laid down on the floor with me and told me how much she loves me and how handsome I am. I think she finally forgave me but I'm keeping a low profile, just in case.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
That's so much for taking the time to write your diary Cooper, or do you woof it to your Mom so she types it on the computer for you? From the pics of Omakitty she looks grey, kindof tabby with some tortoiseshell - am I right? In that case our cat Angel must be her sister!!! Our other 2 cats are good with Minx & Brooke (BTW They think you're one majorly handsome dude! Pity you live so far away) but they don't get on at all with Angel. She's always slept on our bed so the girls can't, and they have a warning on the Vet's computer that she turns into a vicious monster when she goes there! When she got speyed (with a different Vet) several years ago they had a major battle on their hands to even plut her to sleep for the surgery.

She seemed so placid when we held her at the pet store, but once she settled in at home we discovered she had a split personality! She's getting a lot better with us, very affectionate most times but can suddenly lash out with a paw, sometimes with claws out, without warning. You're a lot more tolerant with Omakitty tho'. Minx & Brooke bark at Angel and like to 'ruffle her fur'.

It's been a great read Cooper and looking forward to the next instalment. Glad you're taking such good care of your Mom too. You're one special little guy. :wave:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for your nice words! I type everything by myself. Sometimes, I have trouble reaching the number keys though.

OmaKitty is what they call a "diluted calico" kitty. She's mostly grey with some tan and white mixed in. They used to call her a "broken tortie" because she's got so many colors and things going on. I just call her pretty. :)

I wish Minx and Brooke lived closer to me too. I love making new friends, but especially chihuahuas. I think they're very pretty, too. :oops:

OmaKitty has a big giant note in her file that's red in color at our doctor's office. Mom says it has Oma's info on it about her not trusting or liking men so none of the male vet techs go into her exam room. It also has something about her ability to do "helicopter kitty" which is what Mom and I call it when OmaKitty freaks out really bad and starts spinning and clawing and screaming all at the same time.

Sometimes, I feel sorry for OmaKitty because she doesn't like people and they scare her. Then she told me about the man that was hurting her when Mom found her and I understand. I told her I wouldn't want to be around people either if that's the way I was treated! But Mom found her just in time to save her from all the bad stuff she was going through and now, she's the princess of the house. And, trust me, she takes that title very seriously!! She actually got Grandma to buy her a big bed for her birthdday one year. Mom sleeps in it too but I think OmaKitty doesn't want her in it. She has lots of cool stuff that she doesn't let me touch. :(

Maybe one day, OmaKitty will let me be her friend. I'm not going to give up on her though; I know she's really a softy at heart and I'm sure I'll win her over eventually!!! :D

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Angel does sound a lot like your Omakitty. We wonder if someone was mean to her before we got her. At the vet's they always have to bring out the really thick long glove. Once she started off on the examining table but put up such a vicious fight she ended up hissing and yowling on the floor in the corner.

Haha, Cooper. Minx & Brooke aren't allowed to play with Angel's and the other cats' toys because Brooke rips the little toys to pieces and I have to clean up all the catnip all over the floor. :x

Here's a couple of pics of her Cooper. and I really look forward to reading more from your diary. Great stuff. :wave:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Angel looks a lot like OmaKitty! I asked OmaKitty if I could post her photo in my diary and she said only if it was trademarked and copyrighted. So, let's pretend I'm trademarking and copyrighting this photo because I don't want her to know I don't know what all that means.

She has her own website too! The address is http://www.omas-place.com if you want to look.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here I am again. Today, I am sad. Let me tell you why.

My mom went to play with the dogs at the shelter really early this morning. I told her she could play with me but she told me if she didn't go, the other dogs wouldn't have anyone to play with at all. I understand that and I'm happy she's helping homeless dogs, but I still miss her when she's gone. I wish I could go with her and help but she says they don't allow other dogs in because someone might mistake me for a doggy looking for a home and take me with them. Like I'd let that happen!! Oh well.

Now, Mom is about to go to the wild animal refuge and help with the wild animals. I want to go with her but she says the bobcats and other big animals will eat me if I go there. I have NO clue as to why she would want to go there if animals would eat me or anyone else. When she goes there, she says it's a 2 hour drive there and a 2 hour drive back, so that's 4 hours at least that she'll be gone. :cry:

The worst part about it is that she ALWAYS leaves OmaKitty in charge. OmaKitty is SO mean to me and she leaves her in charge! I really hate that! Oma will probably make me clean her litterbox, fluff her pillows and stay away from her. That means I'll be all by myself with no one to play with. I hate the days that Mom helps other animals. It's nice of her to do it, but I have to suffer!!

Anyway, Mom says we get to go to the chihuahua meetup next weekend with my Aunt Jane. That's going to be great and I'm looking forward to not only seeing a bunch of my chihuahua compadres (that's Spanish) but I'm also looking forward to spending time with my Aunt Jane because she's my most favorite person ... after my mom, of course. I just hope next weekend comes quickly!! :)

I guess that's all for now. Mom is saying she needs to get ready to leave so I need to get off the computer and go give her sad eyes. I hope everyone has a great day ... and an even greater weekend!!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay ... everyone be quiet because the kitty is sleeping right by the computer.

Mom smells like a monkey. I'm sure she'll tell you all about it later but, for now, just know she smells like a monkey and I don't like it. I don't even know how someone could end up smelling like a monkey, but she did it.

In a few hours, we are going on an adventure!!! I can hardly wait. We are going to Johnson City to the Pedernales State Park!! I love parks!! Mom says I'll have to wear my leash which totally stinks because I am a free range chihuahua!! I don't need no stinkin' leashes!! But I'll wear it, I guess. I might be able to convince Mom to let me off it if no one's looking.

OmaKitty thinks she's all hot stuff now because she gets to spend the day with Uncle Troy at his house, hanging out with his cats, Go-Go and Cisco. She says it's a lot more fun than hanging out at a park. She just doesn't know what she's missing.

I have to go to the doctor next week to get my other back leg looked at. The leg I had surgery on is healing nicely but Mom says I'm walking all weird and stuff so she's going to take me in to see if I'm okay. I keep telling her there's no reason for me to go back to the doctor's office but she doesn't listen. She keeps telling me that I'll have to have another surgery but I think she's trying to scare me. I bet Oma put her up to it.

Oh!! I almost forgot the best news!! I caught a lizard! It was a green one, about 8 inches long (not counting the really long tail). OmaKitty was jealous that I caught it instead of her. I was nice though; I put it back where I found it after I showed it to Mom. She was pretty impressed with my lizard catching skills - she even told me so. I could tell Oma was mad because she only catches little tiny geckos and has only caught one lizard before. But that was a bigger lizard that somehow got in the guest bathroom. I remember it quite clearly ... Mom screamed like a banshee when she saw it. OmaKitty killed it though; she's not very nice. Mom did a potty dance all around the bedroom while she tried to sweep it into an old shoebox to bury it. It was really funny, in a way. Mom was dancing, OmaKitty was trying to keep her from taking her lizard and I was sitting over to the side like a good boy. That was the first time I ever heard Mom use bad words at OmaKitty. She usually doesn't say bad words unless football is on the TV and the Packers are playing.

I should go catch a nap before we leave. I'm going to have a BIG day!!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rachael Polachek said:
Hey, Cooper's mom, this thought just occurred to me... Cooper sleeps in a crate, right? What if you needed him to dial 911 or perform some other service during the night? How would he be able to assist you???? :?
Heh... here's where being on the top of the food chain comes into play. Cooper sleeps in a crate (it's more like a wire cage) but when I close the door, I don't lock it.

If I call out his command for an emergency, he will open the door and run out. He thinks it only works at those times. :D

And Cooper doesn't use his siggy in his journal... he thinks it would be too narcisistic of him. If I spelled that right, I'll be amazed. :D

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oooohhh you missed it this morning!! Mom's day didn't start off too well and she's still steaming about it. I'll tell you what happened but you didn't hear it from me!

We were on our way to the Pedernales State Park this morning and Mom asked me if I wanted to stop for coffee first. OF COURSE! I love our coffee shop!

We got there and there were a few people on the patio, drinking coffee and hanging out. I saw a dog-friend of mine, so I went to say hi to him. He's a yellow lab and his name is Quincy. He's very nice and always leans down so I can sniff his stuff. I was talking to Quincy, telling him about our trip to Pedernales and, all of a sudden, I heard Mom going gansta on someone.

I turned around and she was all up in this guy's chili!! She was cussing up a storm, too. Mom has a hot temper and has trouble controling it sometimes, especially around what she calls "stupid S.O.B.s" I don't know what makes a person a stupid S.O.B. but I'm glad I'm not one of them.

Anyway, she was talking about the size of this man's penis in reference to the rest of his body, then she told him she was going to kick his a** if he came near her or me again. She also announced to the rest of the people on the patio that the man didn't have anything in his pants so he had to make fun of a dog to compensate. Everyone laughed at that. I laughed too... I don't know why though. The man looked pretty darn scared of her ... who wouldn't? She turned away and went up to the window to order our coffee and I ran over to her because I know when Mom gets that way, she likes to have me there to calm her down.

Victoria was working this morning at the coffee shop. Mom says she doesn't make coffee drinks as good as Sun or David (they work there in the evenings) but that Victoria is a nice person and she really likes her. I like Victoria because she always gives me a little bit of whipped cream that I get to lick off her finger and I get a little coffee in my own cup. I love Victoria, I don't care if her coffee stinks.

Mom said we were going to sit for a while and give that man the evil eye before we left to go to Pedernales. I'm not sure why we had to do that, but when Mom's mad, it's her way or the highway! I sat in my chair and drank my decaf coffee out of my little espresso cup (I like a little cream, no sugar) and Mom sat in her chair, sipping her latte and staring the man down. After I finished my coffee, we got up and left.

We got in the car and she told me that man had called me a RAT!! I couldn't believe it!! I'm not a rat!! My nose doesn't twitch and I don't have beedy eyes!! What made Mom mad was that he actually called her over and told her I was a rat. Mom said he did it because he was some kind of hole... I can't remember what kind of hole he is, but that's what she said. Anyway, Mom said he was trying to act tough in front of his lady-friend and thought he was being funny. I guess Mom showed him!!

Mom said it's people with small tennis balls that have to make fun of other people. I understand that; my friend Cash likes his tennis balls to be regulation size. Cash doesn't like it when his tennis balls are small.

We went on to Pedernales and I had a great hike!! I saw lots of birds, a few deer and other wildlife. We even strayed off the hiking path so I could take a dip in the river when it got hot. Mom said she wanted to get in the river too but she didn't.

The best part was there was no one there that early and I got to go off-leash! I love being off-leash. Mom slapped my leash on me at one point when she said the fuzz was watching us. I don't know how fuzz can watch anything but ... okay.

We're back home now and I'm soooo tired from my adventure today. Mom got mad at herself when we got to Pedernales because he left her camera at home so I don't have any new photos to share from my trip. :(

I'll make sure she doesn't forget the camera next time.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think my mom is the coolest person in the world... next to my Aunt Jane. Aunt Jane likes to explore things with me and look at bugs. Mom says she doesn't do that because that's mine and Aunt Jane's "thing." I just think she doesn't like bugs.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Whew!! It's been quite a busy day for me and Mom!

First, Mom got up early this morning :shock: and left me alone with OmaKitty. :shock: :shock:

I don't know where she went but she wasn't happy about going there. She came home a long time later and had something on her arm and she told me it was where the I.V. was. I don't know what an I.V. is. She said she didn't feel good because of the I.V. and she laid down to take a nap. I was going to lay with her but she said she wanted to be alone because she felt yucky. OmaKitty got in bed with her but Mom didn't even want her up there!! I was scared for Mom because that's Oma's bed and she threw Oma out of the room!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

She came out a little later and said she still didn't feel well but that we were going to Fetch!! Woohoo! We got in the car and Mom had to stop a couple times and throw up. I felt so bad for her but I don't know what somedog does when their Mom is puking. I just sat nice in the car and behaved.

We got to Fetch and I ran in to see Cynthia. She's the lady with the yummy treats. She always gives me a lot of them because she says I'm the cutest dog in the whole world. She's very smart.

I tried on some clothes that didn't fit and Mom said I could pick out something else to take home so I got some shampoo for my bath, some new treats (lamb and rice!) and a couple of bully sticks. We hung around and talked to Cynthia for a while and Mom finally said we had to go because she just wasn't feeling good. :(

We left and went to Home Depot to get air filters for the house. The old man at the door told Mom she couldn't go into the store because she had me with her and Mom picked me up and told him we would only be there a moment then said something about the heat and the car and me dying!!! :shock: The man said we could go in for just a second. We got the filters and left.

We came home and Mom laid on the couch and I got to lay with her. I tried to lick her face but she told me to lay down and behave myself. :? We slept for just a bit and when she woke up, Mom felt a little bit better and played on the computer for a while. Then Grandma called and OmaKitty talked to her for a bit. I didn't get to talk to Grandpa because he wasn't there.

I think Mom is feeling a little better tonight but she still doesn't look so good. I hope she feels better tomorrow when we have coffee with Aunt Jane and Round Up. And I certainly hope she's feeling LOTS better for Saturday's chi meetup!!!

1 - 20 of 102 Posts