Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beleive it or not Corky is home and feeling awesome! He is running around, eating and drinking ON HIS OWN!! He feels so good. His poo is no longer foul and it is on its way to hardening up. He is a little trooper. That vet is awesome. We have to give him two antibiotics - one for 5 days and another for 10 days. We just have to keep a close eye on him! Please keep praying that he keeps getting bigger, healthier and stonger and that the antibiotics continue to solve his problems. You guys are so wonderful to be so concerned about us. I appreciate it.

Thanks for all of the info about pet laws, I will check into them thouroughly. I have turned the pet store into the local animal control with the Sheriff's Dept, USDA, Local Humane Society and Oregon Dept of Animals. I am making a trip down there tomorrow to demand that they pay us back for the price of Corky and our vet bills. The Sheriff's Dept is sending a deputy out to investigate.

Hugs,

Heather

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Maybe Corky's middle name should be "Trooper" - I'm glad he's feeling better and hope he continues to make a full recovery.

I hope you make a full recovery, too! I know you must be a wreck. (Pepto-Bismol can be bought in bulk. So can tequila.)

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Hi!

I'm so glad your baby is better! :D Can you tell what his symptoms were? I mean, how did you know he was sick? My new little one has had on and off diarrhea every day since i got her (one week today) One time her poop with be normal, the next it may be purely runny and then it may be just real soft. The vet checked her out on Monday and said she didn't have worms. She acts as if she feels fine and she eats, although i don't feel her appetite is up to par. I'm wondering if i should take her back to the vet.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Great news about Corky! Sounds like he's well on his way to full recovery. I know you must be incredibly relieved.

It also sounds like you're making good progress on holding the pet store responsible. At least you're getting the right people to listen and take action.

Keep us posted on both issues. :)

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Alright Corky! :D

So glad he is doing better. I know you are relieved. Good luck with the rest of the ordeal.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
I am so happy for you! I knew Corky could pull through this! Just make sure he keeps on eating :D I will continue to pray that he makes a full recovery!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Hi!

JOLIE'SMOM said:
I'm so glad your baby is better! :D Can you tell what his symptoms were? I mean, how did you know he was sick? My new little one has had on and off diarrhea every day since i got her (one week today) One time her poop with be normal, the next it may be purely runny and then it may be just real soft. The vet checked her out on Monday and said she didn't have worms. She acts as if she feels fine and she eats, although i don't feel her appetite is up to par. I'm wondering if i should take her back to the vet.
His symptoms started the day after we brought him home. His poo was very runny and it has a very foul odor. He would not eat or drink at all on his own and all he wanted to do was sleep. They symptoms really mimicked parvo. It was scary. As it progressed, his poo because water basically and he couldn't walk good and he was severly deydrated no matter what we did. Just keep an eye on your baby and if you have any concerns, a fecal test is only about $30.00 for them to test for parasites. Just take a good sample in for them!

I really hope your baby has nothing wrong!

Heather

1 - 16 of 16 Posts