Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I technically have. I have pretty bad anxiety since I was 12 so it caused me to sweat because I got nervous (not fun for a 12-15 year old girl!) After trying soooo many different treatments and anti-preprints at the age of 15 I had some of my sweat glands removed under my arms.

It was done by a plastic surgeon and is considered cosmetic surgery, but I didn't have to pay for it the government did as it was a symptom of my anxiety and "affected my mental health" lol . I did have some complications healing but other than that it was fine.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, did they try the botox injections to stop the sweating?
Ive got low self esteem and might consider a procedure, they say you always end up just looking to the next thing but I think sometimes it can help psychologically :)

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
We didn't want to try botox because it was so much money and wouldn't last. I believe that if it would help yourself esteem and have the money do it! It's YOUR body and YOUR money! Do what you want with it!!

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
I don't have any experience, but I will be having major jaw surgery in the next few years. It is considered a cosmetic procedure even though I need it to eat right, etc. I had braces for 8 years and my jaw moved right back to where it was after I got them off :(

I will be interested to see what others say.

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
i had a breast reduction about 15 years ago. insurance payed for it because even though it was cosmetic it also caused me bad back aches. i was just so uncomforatable and hated how it looked. i was scared but it worked out perfect. i was extremely happy with the results, was the best thing i did for myself. i only wished i had done it 10 years sooner.
i had the best plastic surgeoun. just make sure if you do have plastic surgery , you get a really good one. i have heard horror stories about bad doctors.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have had a double mascectomy and reconstruction with implants....my boobs look better today than EVER!!!! LMAO!! I am very happy with the results!! I agree with the other comment that says make sure you find a good dr!! I had the best plastic surgeon!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hiya,

Yeah I had a breast augmentation in March. Did a lot of research for years before going through with it. Definitely don't regret it!
What u thinkin of getting?

xx

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Id like facial surgery, nothing on my body as I can hide that or work out (hmmm yeah right) ;)

Ive got such low self esteem its ridiculous. Make up helps but id love to look more natural one day and be happy in my own skin.

I hate my jawline, my mum has jowls and I can see im starting to get these (im 29) even at my slimmest of 8 stone they were there so I feel its nothing a diet could help, I dont seem to have much definition.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I say do whatever makes YOU happiest. Just research the surgeon you pick and try to speak to a few of his patients if possible, better safe than sorry!

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
I've had numerous botox injections directly into my bladder, it was supposed to help the pain associated with my bladder disease. But it did not. :(
So I guess since it wasn't for "beauty" purposes, I'm not much help to you. But I will tell you one thing, if you are not ok with yourself mentally, surgery is likely not going to help for very long.
Maybe at first, but then you'll find something else you want to "fix". You need to work on your inner self first and foremost.
I've always felt ugly, since I was young. Yet people tell me I'm gorgeous. I think they are full of it. They think I'm just fishing for compliments. :dontknow:
I wish to get a new nose, boobs, butt, etc, but I know that it won't solve my issues.
So I try to live healthy instead, and I can honestly say that when I'm taking care of myself, exercising, eating healthy, I feel better, almost confident.
Best of luck on your decision. It's not an easy one. Just remember, there are no simple solutions. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts