Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need some advice :wink: my cosmo is crazy about icecream!!!
i suspect it's not a good thing to give him.....especially because he's feeling cold afterwards and starts shaking :shock:
he can't go into shock or something can he...????? ( because of the bodytemperature- drop)

kisses nat

·
Registered
889 Posts
i'm not sure! we sometimes (VERY occasionally) give her a "frosty paw" it's like ice cream for dogs... it comes in a little plastic cup and we let her eat half of it. it isn't real ice cream but she adores it.

she goes NUTS and after she's done she shakes because she's so cold. :lol:

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
It doesn't seem to hurt them any as long as they don't get it too often. My Dad used to take my first Chi to Baskin Robbins with him and buy both of them an ice cream cone about one a month. He lived to the ripe old age of 21 so it didn't hurt him any.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
My three love ice cream also!! I usually let them have a little of the frozen yogurt. Has not hurt them so far :)

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
A friend of mine's dad has a Chi. Every night when they dish out the ice cream, they give their Chi some Cool Whip. As it's non-dairy it might not be so bad for them. An occasional spoonful of ice cream won't hurt them, but I wouldn't give it every day. :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
i've seen frosty paws but i have never bought it!!

my doggies like ice cream. sometimes when i take them to the dairy queen drive thru they get "puppy cups"... a tiny cup of vanilla soft serve with little tiny dog bone treats on top! its so cute :)

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ice-cream

is that some or all?? paris and cosmo never had diarrhea after eating ice-cream or something.so it's possible they can digest it??
my major concern is that paris licks her cream away, but cosmo eats huge chunks and swallows them so his stomach is filled with ice. and afterwards he is soooo cold he's shaking out of his fur...i don't think this can be healthy.

kisses nat

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
ilovesadie said:
nothing wrong with a little lick here and there =) what you have to watch for is any diarrhea since a large percentage of dogs are lactose intolerant.
That's what I was thinking!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts