Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, 4 weeks ago on the vets recommendation I started Bella on Glucosamine and chondroitin following her LP surgery. I have noticed she appears to be getting a bit heavier. She is on a reduced exercise regime due to the surgery but I have reduced her diet accordingly to allow for this. Could the G&C add a few extra ounces does anybody know ?

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
I have never seen it happen. Been using Gluco & Chondroitin for 13 years or so.
I think if anything, it may contribute to weight loss. (just a thought, not necessarily a fact)

What are you feeding? How much? How often? Do you give treats, or other extras? How big is Bella?

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, she has a 150g pack of James Wellbeloved wet food a day, I split it into two servings one in the morn and one at tea time. I also put down 2oz of JWB kibble for grazing during the day but that is shared between her and Alfie. I think it may be the reduced exercise that's contributing to the weight gain as at the mo she is only having 3 ten minute walks daily when we used to have at least 3 forty mins. Hopefully when she's back to full health shel get back to her usual weight. She's 2.8kg at the mo, she's usually 2.6kg :(

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Perhaps just cut back her kibble a bit more, literally just a couple kibbles less,
see if that helps. How is she holding up? How long has it been since her surgery?
Do you mind me asking which type of LP surgery did you do? I know there are
different ways of performing it. From what I understand the one where they
surgically deepen the grove has a higher success rate. Trochlear Modification is
the term I believe. I'm still learning and researching, because I might decide to
go ahead with it for my Bella.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts