Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was told Olive was a pure breed, all I know about her parents is that her dad is long coated tri chocolate, and that Olives coloring is the same as her Dad. Her mom was a chi rescue, don't know the color....

I've been wondering myself if she could be mixed, mostly because of the shape of her head and snout, but then thought maybe she's just a dear head. Then yesterday while at the vet the doctor asked what she was mixed with and a lady at the store also asked what mix she was.

Not that it matters cause I love her no matter what but I'm curious to see what you all think.

She's now 4 months and 4 pounds....

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I think she looks like a Chi, but there are so many subtle mixes these days, it's hard to tell.

She's adorable, no matter what!

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I guess she might be mixed. Her snout and stop look less chi-like to me, particularly in that last picture. Like everyone else said though, she's really, really cute! She'll get bigger too than the chi standard, if she's already 4 lbs at 4 months. But then again, there are so many chis out there that aren't breed standard that it's really hard to tell without actually testing her. I know that you can actually get canine DNA type tests to find out what your dog is mixed with. As far as I know though, they don't test for every single breed, so if your dog's mix isn't on the list that the kit tests for then your results will be inconclusive.

·
Registered
109 Posts
She is very cute! I too see more then just chihuahua there and she may get big compaired to standard chihuahuas. I am sure that you will love her just the same.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She's a doll! Even though she's already 4lbs I still find her to be very small.
If I had to guess, just from looking at pictures, I was thinking she could have some dachshund perhaps.... Don't know lol.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
She reminds me of Smoke. He was also 4 pounds at 4 months. He's now 18 months and weighs just under 8 pounds, which is still a very little dog. He also has the longer nose but is all chi.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
She's adorable. She looks like a Chi to me...just not one bred to standard. But who knows she could be mixed with something?? Impossible to tell for sure. :) Very sweet though!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
She's adorable. She looks like a Chi to me...just not one bred to standard. But who knows she could be mixed with something?? Impossible to tell for sure. :) Very sweet though!
Words of wisdom...

I see alot more not 'bred to standard' than I do that are! She's a doll!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Looks very chi-like to me! There are definitely so many that just aren't bred to the standard, so there are many different shapes and sizes! Her paws look a little bit larger to me, like she could be mixed with a little bit of a larger breed, but ... once again ... maybe just not bred to standard, and sometimes its hard to tell in pictures! Her ears are ABSOLUTELY chi! :D And she is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute though and I just LOVE her name.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi she is so cute she is all chih my busterwas4pounds at almost 5 monthe and today at 14 monthe hes 6 and i/2 you never know till one day they stop growing shes a doll

1 - 15 of 15 Posts