Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My golden has been a little lethargic the past two days. She doesn't want to eat her food, but she will take treats and people food:confused:

Today she had brownish orange, sort of soft but formed poops. Tonight she had pumpkin colored poop, soft! I made her some boiled chicken and rice and she ate it. She isn't one to get into anything. If food drops on the floor she won't eat it! She's 9 1\2 years old, no previous health issues.

I will be taking her to the vet on Monday to be checked out. In the meantime anyone have any idea what it could be? Thank you.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Dottie had the runs and the vet gave me some Canikur Pro ,don't know if you can get it but it worked like magic,i would still see the vet ,but i'm keeping this on stand by in my cupboard.It supports the intestinal flora.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure. Could be anything, but I'm glad you're taking her to vet. Hope she gets to feeling better soon. Heat stroke might cause that. Is she drinking? Does she stay outside in the heat?
She does not stay outside. My stomach is in knots because she is rarely sick! This morning I woke up to pee on the rug by the door that we use to go outside, and more on the floor. She woke us up at 1am to go out so I figured she would wake us again if she had to go! Maybe she did and we didn't awaken!:( Poor Susie! I cannot wait for morning!!

Thank you for responding. I will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dottie had the runs and the vet gave me some Canikur Pro ,don't know if you can get it but it worked like magic,i would still see the vet ,but i'm keeping this on stand by in my cupboard.It supports the intestinal flora.
I did find something online about orange poop could be something wrong with digestive system. She hasn't pooped today, just a lot of peeing! I gave her some beef and rice and she ate it. Last evening she ate a small amount of chicken and rice. She didn't really seem to want it.

Hopefully tomorrow I will know what's going on!

Thank you.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would try to take a urine sample in just to rule out UTI since she seems to be peeing a lot. I believe rice can cause constipation, so that may be why she hasn't pooped.
I did think about rice and constipation, but I wanted to head off diarrhea.:(
I thought about trying to get a urine sample, but she is so skittish, if I try to slip something under while she is peeing, she will run away! Any suggestions.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haven't slept one wink all night! I stayed in our living room with her so she wouldn't climb the stairs. She was getting very weak. She just started like a little almost cough. My guess would the heart. But hopefully we will be at the vet in 3 hours! They open at 8am!

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
As ridiculous as it sounds I'm sure we all know when and what our dogs poo looks like. I think its a good thing because of situations like these. First off, I think its good to get her to the vet and have her looked at. I have three Chi's and from time to time, each one of them goes through stages where the feces is different. My youngest is going through an eye issue and I know exactly how you feel. Stay positive and I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Please let us know!!

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am really bad at receiving info, processing it, and coming up with the correct questions to ask!:(

Anyway, she is positive for a form of Lyme disease, amiplasmosis. She said her organs were fine, her platelet count was very low, temp was high. She did x-ray and saw a small mass (tumor) BETWEEN liver and spleen. She said it could be immume response to lyme. So she is receiving fluids and waiting for the temp to come down.

More later.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I kind of know one of the vet techs at the vet office (a friend of a friend!) She called in (it was her day off) and asked about Susie. Her temp was 103.9 this morning. The doctor wants to wait until 5pm to take it again. So again, I wait!

Thank you everyone for your support. I will definitely post an update when I get more info.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, were home! She still has a fever, so I have to take her temp to be sure it is going down. The vet gave her some food, but she didn't keep it down. She is definitely walking better!:) I made her some boiled chicken and rice and she ate it. I didn't give her much because I want to be sure she's okay with it. So far so good. She doesn't need any meds tonight, but tomorrow she gets prednisone and doxycycline. The vet wants to do an ultrasound to find out what the mass is near the liver. I am waiting until next week. The ultrasound is around $350 and I already paid out $500 today! Hopefully it is just from the anaplasmosis! She wants to check her in two days.

I am hoping to get a little sleep tonight!

Again, thank you, all of you for being here!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts