Chihuahua People Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well this morning her temp was normal, 100.5! Yeah! She is looking more alert. Still not 100% but a whole lot better! My stomach is still in knots, but it will get through it! I am staying positive.

However. . .the vet tech called my friend today and said she spoke to the doctor about Susie. She said it was a tumor on the spleen! Last night the vet told me it was the liver.:confused: Anyway, I am guessing we will know for sure after the ultrasound! Very nerve-racking! But at least she has an appetite and is walking around!

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Cindy, I'm so thankful Susie's fever is down, and she is doing better it seems by every report. If the vet thinks the tumor is possibly an immune response to the aniplasmosis, do they think it will go away with treatment or will they need to remove it or do they think it's not doing any damage to remain?

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Cindy, I'm so thankful Susie's fever is down, and she is doing better it seems by every report. If the vet thinks the tumor is possibly an immune response to the aniplasmosis, do they think it will go away with treatment or will they need to remove it or do they think it's not doing any damage to remain?
I am so confused! Even though I make a list of questions, I always forget or feel it not necessary to ask them, them I wish I had! :( Hubby and I have decided to take it one thing at a time. She isn't 100% yet, so we are having the ultrasound next week and taking it from there! If it is her liver, we cannot do surgery, so we will have to take the treatment route. If it is her spleen, it will depend on what the vet suggests. I am told that the surgery for that is about $1000. So, one day at a time! What really bothers me is how much she pants! Vet didn't seemed concerned. I asked if it could be her heart and she listened to it and said no, it sounded very healthy!:confused:

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
The panting would worry me too. Especially because she's not an outside dog, but I know next to nothing about physiological things about dogs, so I'll google panting in dogs and report back--not that it will mean anything, but just curious. I'll sure be keeping her in my prayers! :)

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
The panting itself is not hurting her. Panting is normally from heat, exercise, excessive energy, but dogs can pant when they are stressed or in pain or ill. I attached the link to one of the articles I read:

Heavy Panting in Dogs

Hope this helps your understanding of her panting, but I don't think it's going to make you feel better. :(

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
When my first chi had cancer (which we didn't know), she would pant a lot. Of course, being feverish will cause panting. It's there way of trying to cool the body down. I wouldn't worry too much about the panting if she is getting better and the fever is breaking.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
The panting itself is not hurting her. Panting is normally from heat, exercise, excessive energy, but dogs can pant when they are stressed or in pain or ill. I attached the link to one of the articles I read:

Heavy Panting in Dogs

Hope this helps your understanding of her panting, but I don't think it's going to make you feel better. :(
Thank you, Tina. I know it will make me feel better when she stops the prednisone, in about 5 days!

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
When my first chi had cancer (which we didn't know), she would pant a lot. Of course, being feverish will cause panting. It's there way of trying to cool the body down. I wouldn't worry too much about the panting if she is getting better and the fever is breaking.
We keep the A/C on at home and work. What I find strange is, if she is lying down, she doesn't pant. But if she sits up, stands up or walks, she pants! I know they will also do that if they are stressed or in pain. I'm just playing the waiting game now!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts