Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay first ..i've noticed leila not eating as much the last few days. she was eating 3/8 c a day now she's just getting the 2/8 eaten. is this something i should be concerned with or maybe she was just going thru a growth spurt and now shes' done? idk.
Secondly, today I was working with her "sit" command and giving her bits of cheese , now during this time i left my mixed girl out and she also joined in. Now she isn't too crazy about leila in fact they haven't played together yet even. Everything was cool all were doing tricks and eating their cheese. But when it was over if leila came up to me Lucy would chase her away. She did this like 3 times, should i correct lucy for this or stay out of it. ?

·
Registered
677 Posts
I would correct her. All dogs in the home need to understand that you are in control, and that if you want Leila with you, Leila WILL be with you. Lucy taking control and correcting Leila is a hug red flag that she thinks she alpha female and runs the show.

The dominance can easily escalate into aggression towards Leila.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay, i will correct her next time. SHe is a very very submissive dog. She has always been tolerant of other dogs coming into the home. she was the first and i've had several dogs since her. She has always gotten along with all but not showing much interest in befriending leila. :( very disappointing. at this point im just hoping they can co exist and now i wish i had another chi for my sweet leila to play with. but thats a loooooooooong shot and would be a looong time coming. lol

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
I agree with everything above, practice walking leila round the house with Lucy you have to leash train leila so no harm in starting now. I wouldn't leave them alone either

1 - 7 of 7 Posts