Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
9,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marion Co. group may be using pets for target practice | kgw.com Portland

SALEM -- A group of people in Marion County may be using Craigslist to find pets that they then use for target practice, police said.

The group responds to "free domestic animals to good homes" postings according to Don Thomson of the Marion County Sheriff's Office. The pets--specifically cats--are then reportedly used for shooting practice.

Thomson said numerous calls and emails had reported the crimes, but the sheriff's office had not yet determined whether the reports were factual.

Many of the callers have reported that pictures of the crimes are being posted on social media sites.

"Our Office aggressively investigates all reports of animal neglect or cruelty and we take these reports quite seriously," Thomson said.

Anyone with information was asked to call the Marion County Sheriff's Office tip line at (503) 540-8079 or email Deputy Mark Ferron.

The warning below was featured in several posts on the Salem Craiglist "pets" section:

·
Registered
475 Posts
They deserved to be shot and used for target practice.

Good thing I got all my pets (except my cat and Ember) which is my rabbit, and Trigger from craigslist- could've saved them from target practice...

I got Ember from ebay classifieds.

Sadly when we had gotten a kitten my older male cat hated it so we put it up on craigslist... Poor thing, hope it wasn't used for target practice. But it probably was not - the lady really liked him.

And LittleGemma - Couldnt say it better myself.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Not sure whether this is a hoax or not but if not it would be one of the better scenarios of what happens to most of the free pets whether it be dogs, cats, small animals, etc.. that are given away for free on the Craigslists and other classified sites. Here are examples of the other things that can happen to them...Bait dogs in pitbull rings (not just dogs though, they use smaller animals including puppies and kittens to give the dogs a taste for blood), laboratory testing subjects, satanic rituals, shipping the dogs in bulk to other countries for food and the faux fur trade, horrific fetishes and some just get animals for the pure enjoyment of torturing them. Just a heads up on what is really out there lurking on those sites...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts