Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chihuahua Pup

I saw this this morning over coffee. Not sure if the link will be visible when you click as these types of posts are often flagged on their site.

It says this:
My chihuahua is 9 months old and she is UTD on her vaccines. She is a sweet, loving and friendly chihuahua. She is good with children and cats. The problem is, she has seizures at times. I took her to the vet and they want an outrageous amount to help her and they told me one price and then it increased a few minutes later. I don't believe that it can be really that much. I then called the clinics and they stated that they are only for preventive measures and they can't help her and I then called the resuce leagues and humane society and they said they won't do anything either and they will just euthanize her, despite the fact that she is still young. I just can't find it in my heart to do that. As a result of all of this, I'm hoping to find her a home of someone who is willing to take care of her with her issue. Thanks for your consideration.

I did send her an email and direct her here for information. Made mention seizures were discussed this morning. Just wondering if someone with experience can offer some words of advice as I would think she has some options that she is unaware of. She obviously is ripped up about this but feels she has no choices because to this point she can't find someone to assist her. Is there possibly someone in the Western PA area that knows of a vet they could recommend or personally knows someone who rescues in this area that I could pass onto this person to get some help and hopefully be able to manage health needs of this pup and be able to keep her pup?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
My friend's boston terrier had seizures he passed away already) and he was on daily medication to help control them. Thats really all I know, and yes the medication was expensive I know. Poor chi :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts