Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it was a good one.

"You may never have been to Another State,USA but so many people find It quite neccesary to go. It is a quiet place, at first, no one can Immedietly notice what It Is thats missing.....people walk the streets, work and live just as always, houses, apartments, lives proceed...why is there an unusual, uncomfortable space? what Is this sound we don't hear? One needs to search mindfully for a minute... there are children, there are parks, schools and laughter....It takes a slow realization to see that...There are no animals. None Of Gods creatures outside those we call human walk here.

Because, You are In Another State, USA. That place where people need to go and have given up a pet to get here, because no animals live,run, or play here , no cats sit in the sun, no dogs chase the children, and no birds sing.

They are NOT ALLOWED, not In this state. I have never personally seen this place...I don't think I like the rules...I have read about It many, many times --"I am moving to Another State and I cannot take my pets"
So be It. I have not yet found out how to get there. I cannot find It on any map, but I see it often mentioned on bulletin boards, In scribbled ads..." free dog to good home, I am moving to Another State and he cannot come with me"
So far I have no comprehension of such a place. I cannot Imagine having to go to It so badly, It must be an unusual State!! so many people have to, need to, are forced to go there but....why no animals??!!

I sometimes see their dogs left behind but I cannot ask them where Another State is, or Why an owner would choose this place to go. I will never be curious enough to want to find out myself...I know I will never travel there, how could they leave you behind, I smooth a soft furred face. The rules there must say NO ANIMALS ALLOWED IN THIS STATE??!! ... What an Incredible place Another State must be? In order for so many to give up a 4 legged "loved family member" before they hurry on... to Another State

But I think..this place...Another State, must be a horribly, sad place after all.

SmT. "

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
We gave ours to my uncle temporarily when we moved from upstate New York to South Carolina. Then... we took them back. I don't see how that was so hard to do. Might not work for everyone... but is always a start.

I wouldn't want to live in that state.

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
when i was going threw a hard time finding a place that took dogs i had to have my dogs stay at my friends house.

it was very hard because i was so used of yelling "stop" "treats" "go potty" cleaning up dog hair, thinking to my self man i don't want to clean up today/right now but i still did it anyway.

so what iam try'n to say it as crazy it is having 8 dogs i LOVE IT!! and don't ever want to go to where ever they are with no animals allowed

nice post

·
Banned
5,224 Posts
While there really are times when people do have to give their much loved animals up, most of the reasons they give are pretty flimsy and be in rescue for awhile and you get to know the "old chestnuts" :rolleyes:

Top of the list were, yes ~ "I'm moving home can't take dog"...myriad of reasons given.
Not far behind "My baby/child/myself has got asthma."
Hot on it's tail..."I'm pregnant"

Sadly some people don't seem to understand the meaning of commitment when it comes to animals. Maybe one day someone will treat them the same way and they will? Who knows...

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes, i agree some people really do need to rehome but I feel like most people on craigslist just got a puppy because it was cute and then realized how hard it is and just decide to get ride of the dog... i dunno just my opinion

seems like there are so many lame excuses

3,132 Posts
I once seen a woman posting the wanted to get rid of her 3 year old dog because it was "too old" and in return she wanted a puppy. People are crazy.

I love the OP! Sooooooo true!!!!!

I too think I would go crazy in Another State! I have Bailey, 2 cats, 1 rabbit, 2 mice and fishies. My house has lots of animal noises, especially from my squeaky mouse wheel. Life would be too quiet!!

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Yes when working in Great Dane rescue it was...

We are having a baby.
I just got married (not sure why getting married would cause one to give up a dog?)
We didnt realize how big he would get (do research people)
We cant control him (can someone say obedience class?)
The silly excuses just go on and on:-(

I do know of people that I can understand rehoming. Maybe they are dying. Have hit hard times and cannot take care of them anymore, etc... But even then I would much rather find a rescue to place them. People dont realize how many heartless people lurk on Craigslist. There are people that claim to be rescues. People with sob stories about how their child just lost their pet. They will tell you just about anything to get their hands on your pet. Once they have your pets they either sale them to laboratories for animal testing or the latest and most common trend is using the or selling them for the use of baiting Pit bulls. Also the smaller critter's including, Rats, Hamsters, Guinea Pigs, Ferrets, and even kittens and puppies can end up snake food for the larger pet snakes. You have to be very careful :-(

·
Banned
5,224 Posts
There are people that claim to be rescues. People with sob stories about how their child just lost their pet. They will tell you just about anything to get their hands on your pet. Once they have your pets they either sale them to laboratories for animal testing or the latest and most common trend is using the or selling them for the use of baiting Pit bulls. Also the smaller critter's including, Rats, Hamsters, Guinea Pigs, Ferrets, and even kittens and puppies can end up snake food for the larger pet snakes. You have to be very careful :-(

You know what initially surprised me in rescue...

The amount of people that would ring "wanting rid" of their pets and they never asked me as a rescue representative, how we re-homed, what happened if they couldn't be placed etc. They just wanted them gone :(

What used to really make me sick was when they "wanted rid" of their pet/s but wouldn't part with the cages/pens/crates/hutches because they wanted to get another one, or on one memorable occasion sell pet cages on ebay!

I was asked on more than one occaision if they could do a swap with us, for example exchanging a rabbit that bit, for a friendly one!

One "man" even took off the dogs collar when I went to pick it up...seriously. He only replaced it when I told him if he didn't I couldn't take the dog. I could write a book :(

Recently my niece asked if I could help re home a King Charles, young bitch, too boisterous, her employer had a JRT pup "ordered" and needed the Cavvie gone within 2 weeks...before pup arrived.

However...in the end like anyone involved in animal rescue and I am sure this applies to you too...nothing surprised me :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Yep, nothing suprises me anymore:-(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts