Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have finally found my puppy!! I can pick her up in 3 weeks. I am so excited, I'll post some pictures soon. Now I am trying to decide whether I will crate train her or use a play pen that will have room for her bed, a puppy pad, and toys. I would like to know what all of you use/used and what you recommend.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I used a metal kennel that was large enough to have a bed, food, litter box etc. My mom had it from when she was training our German short hair. I know there are several people on here that use childrens play pens and I'm considering doing that for my next pup.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I haven't used either one. I did make him a pin for the bedroom. he now has steps into it so he can go from my bed to his bed... he has full run of the house. we have potty pads in both the bedroom and the livingroom.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I will get both...I atleast want her used to the crate just in case I need her to stay in there when I do not have the whole play pen. I'm at college now, so when I go home every now and then I may not be able to take the playpen...so I might be better off with her sleeping in the crate. I would really love for her to sleep with me, but I think I will try to get her to sleep in the crate. I may change my mind when I get her here though :) Only two weeks left!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I'm sure whatever you choose to use will be fine. Congrats on your new furbaby!! :wave:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts