Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
When I got Mr. Peepers he was already crate trained too. It's mainly helpful because usually they won't potty where they sleep, so it's great for potty training too. I would keep him in there during the night, letting him out to potty every few hours. In the day he'd be in there for his naptime. I didn't let anyone disturb him while he was in there because that was his 'safe place'. He liked his crate so when he was tired he'd walk himself in there for a nap. :) I have another chi now and I still have that crate. They sleep in there together, voluntarily, with the door open ofcourse.

And don't ever feel stupid for asking a question! There is alot to learn about chi's even if you already have one. :wink:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kari said:
When I got Mr. Peepers he was already crate trained too. It's mainly helpful because usually they won't potty where they sleep, so it's great for potty training too. I would keep him in there during the night, letting him out to potty every few hours. In the day he'd be in there for his naptime. I didn't let anyone disturb him while he was in there because that was his 'safe place'. He liked his crate so when he was tired he'd walk himself in there for a nap. :) I have another chi now and I still have that crate. They sleep in there together, voluntarily, with the door open ofcourse.

And don't ever feel stupid for asking a question! There is alot to learn about chi's even if you already have one. :wink:

Thanks a ton! My family has got tons of dogs so hopefully he will be potty trained so we don't have to worry about that. Thanks again! :wave:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts