Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of this it is INSANE I wish we had one here I would try it out hahahah

The Barkley Pet Hotel- Westlake Village

look at all the pictures your dog/cat/reptile is pretty much treated like a human it even includes maid service and a chef delvers the meals at meal times hahahaha

it's $500 a day it said in a magazine but I saw on the website that they had day passes for $35

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Do many owners board?

Even though this looks beautiful, truthfully i'm always very afraid to leave my dogs at a board; you always hear horror stories. I know my uncle keeps his at the vet office he visits while he's away as they offer boarding services but i'm just terrified to leave them.

We went on vacation last year and thankfully my BFs brother agreed to stay in our house so Gretel could be cared for, hopefully i'll be this fortunate again next year.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
We board ours. Sometimes there isn't a choice. If we travel within the US, they come. If we travel internationally, they get boarded.

We've used a place very similar to the one linked but not as luxurious, I guess. They have cameras on the dogs/handlers all day and the only thing I've ever seen the people doing is cuddling the girls or cleaning up an occasional accident.

We've also boarded the girls with Limarchis (from this board).

In both places, the girls did not seem stressed out when we picked them up. In fact, at the first place, when we get in the parking lot Lily can't wait to get inside. They also do day care at that place about 3-4 times per year.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do many owners board?

Even though this looks beautiful, truthfully i'm always very afraid to leave my dogs at a board; you always hear horror stories. I know my uncle keeps his at the vet office he visits while he's away as they offer boarding services but i'm just terrified to leave them.

We went on vacation last year and thankfully my BFs brother agreed to stay in our house so Gretel could be cared for, hopefully i'll be this fortunate again next year.
I had to board all 5 of my dogs last christmas my mom was getting married in Jamaica all my family went and since it was the holidays i couldn't get any friends to watch them. It made me sooooooo sick there were no cameras but I wouldn't have been able to watch anyways from Jamaica. I will say that my dogs didnt seem stressed out but I will never do it again unless I have no other choice. It made me sick leaving my babies with strangers. We never usually travel as a whole household usually me and my mom book different dates so that we do not have to board plus it is expensive it cost me $500 for 10 days for the 3 chi's and I supplied my own food., the place looked nothing like this it was a small little cage that had a door that they would open and each door had it's own run. Ninja and Prada were boraded together too for comfort and Baby was next to them by herself. I had to bring their own beds and toys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts