Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!

I recently adopted my latest furry kid, Luna, Shes my first long coat that isn't a cat. Shes two years old, has recently been trimmed a little too much but she has crazy frizzy fussy hair on her like super soft fluff that will not tame! and her own hair is so wavy at her feathers. She dislikes being combed so I do small sections. We think shes a cross as we were told she was full breed but shes 14inches high and really reminds me of an Italian greyhound as shes leggy has the tuck and the longer nose, she could be a heniz 57 mutt and she'd still be awesome. I wondered if anyone has a stealth tatic for taming this crazy pooches fur without sending her on a turbo zoomy around my house, ps I tried the hair drier on cool and she hates it! Ill post a pic of her shortly to see if that would help explain the mad coat/dog haha

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Here's a few that show her coat, can't get her still unless she's asleep or on the leash

Registered
If this is an italian greyhound/chihuahua mix, they are really cool dogs. I don't know about the hair, but keeping her in a puppy cut (short but not shaved) might help the frizzies!

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah she's just so fluffy, and she was groomed a little roughly before I got her something about her reminds me of a greyhound, the turbo running and crazy butt nudges are just like my mums big greyhound. a better picture face on N standing

Administrator
I say she may be a Chinese Crested Powder Puff and Chihuahua cross. In those photos of her face that is the first thing that came to mind. Regardless she is beautiful!

Registered
I used to be a groomer, so what exactly are you asking when it comes to her hair?

Does it: Not lay down properly/frizz out? If this is the case she could be dried out and need a better conditioner during her baths as well as supplements or more water in her diet. A good conditioner goes a long way when it comes to a dog's coat, though! That I will attest to!

Does it: Grow too fast? Mat/Tangle up? If this is the case then she needs more regular grooming. Unfortunately there is no magical oil, conditioner or supplement that can make a dog's coat grow less frequently. What I used to tell clients was to get their dog clipped the way they liked and watch until that look was gone and their dog was "shaggy" again. When that happened, call and make an appointment, and that will be your schedule for grooming! Consistent grooming with an educated, passionate and experienced groomer is one of the best investments you can make for your dog. A good groomer is experienced in training and educating your dog about the grooming process one visit, one month at a time, and groomers can alert you to certain changes in your dogs health that you may not be aware of (skin irritations, infections, abrasions, and many other topical ailments to say the least.)

If you want her fur to have fuller, heavier volume and not be so wispy, then I believe there are oils and supplements for that, though I have little experience with those products.

Hope this helped!

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Never got a notification for these. It's like fluffy puppy hair it's not dry and doesn't grow quickly. I've added supplements in. She's just got crazy scientist hair, I think previous groomers maybe cut her too short since her ears are growing back they aren't as wild. She's beautiful just crazy :) not that I'd change her faults n all

Premium Member
If you're not getting notifications,go to user cp at the top,click and then go to edit options from the list,scroll down to default thread subscription mode and make sure it's on instant notification

1 - 12 of 12 Posts