Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm sure some of you saw this on my facebook already but my goodness last night was a huge mess! We were having dinner at Ameristar which is an hour and a half away from home and we got stuck in a freezing rain storm! We left Ameristar around 9PM to head home and when Joey pulled the car up to get me the front wheel wasn't even spinning it was sliding! We had to take baby steps just to get anywhere! When we finally got to the highway it took a good half hour which is only only 5 mins! The highway was a sheet of ice! The few cars on the highway with us were driving just as slow, we were probably only going 30/35. After driving for about 40 mins we came to a hill and had to stop behind an eerie looking hundreds of cars up a head with their red lights. It was just the craziest sight I guess because we were on the hill we could just see everything and cars lined up for MILES and miles with glowing red lights just SITTING there! We sat there for 2 hours without even inching before we could move two feet! After that we didn't move again for another 4 hours! We first stopped on the hill at 11:00PM and we didn't get home until close to 6:30AM! They had to shut the highway down because there were so many accidents! It was such a sight to see once we did start creeping home SLOWLY I have NEVER seen a shoulder on the highway, all the way home, just filled with sitting tractor trailers. The "rest stop" on the way home was just packed with tractor trailers! It was a mess! We counted well over 15 cars in the ditch, we saw 3 tractor trailers on their SIDE turned the opposite direction and 1 car on fire. It was like from a movie! I thought we'd never make it home! While sitting there for HOURS we made so many awesome "car neighbors"!! If you are going to be stuck for that many hours these were the people you wanted to be stuck with! We were trying to get home to Sullivan and we just happened to be parked behind two vehicles ahead of us that were going home to Sullivan too! We came friends very fast with every body they were so nice we were all in good spirits and just sharing food/candy and water lol I had to pee sooo bad! I was dying! (TMI sorry LOL) I guess for some others they didn't have good car neighbors, we could hear cars honking in the distance and 4 miles a head from us two tractor trailers got in a little crash and they got out yelling at each other and punching...so glad we weren't with any of those nuts! After we finally made it off the highway the roads to our house were just a sheet of ice. I DO NOT know how we made it home without crashing...God had an Angel with us! We had to drive on our snowy grass to get to the rocky part of the driveway because if we didn't we would have been on our side flipped in the woods I'm sure of it!! I was so thankful to make it home and see my girls!!! They were barking and yelping so happy to see us because we weren't even suppose to be gone that long at all! For some reason we decided to eat dinner that night at Ameristar usually when we head out to St. Charles we take the girls with us and tonight was one rare night that we DIDN'T! I was so so happy they were home safe and warm! They would have been freezing! We had to shut the car off to save gas because we were getting low! They would have froze! Thankfully I had a cover in the car though because when I take the girls with us they snuggle up in that when we're out of the car lol Well after all of this I am now SICK! I have been sleeping all day (Well woke up around 12:30 because didnt' get to bed until 7 ugh!) but still I went back to bed after having some soup and orange juice! I have not been this sick in years but after yesterday I guess being sick is better than the mess those people went through I haven't been watching the news so not sure how many were hurt/killed...Hopefully it looked worse than what it was! Sorry this got long just wanted to share my little adventure LOL That was a mess! SO thankful to be home with my girlies!!!!!:hello1:

Edited: Oh ya when we pulled up the house I called my mom to tell her we were parked and safe and she opened the door to let Shayley & Kizzie out to see us and they were sliding on the ice it was sooo funny and cute! Shayley couldn't get any traction on the ice and it was so cute seeing her trying to get to us! I love my girls they made everything good like always. They've been sleeping all day with me too keeping me company! :hello1:​

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
oh wow that sounds like quite an adventure close to where i live people were stuck on the highway for 4 days from all the snow they had to bring them food water and essentials and then eventually they were able to tow them out I would DIE if i was stranded in my car for a couple of days!

here's the article luckily u got out!

Police continue search as rescued take shelter from the storm - thestar.com

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Oh thank goodness you got home!
What a nightmare!!

My OH was stuck in his car for 6 Hours the other week when we had all the snow, it was awful and i was so glad i wasnt with him at the time.

Anyway hope you feel better soon. x

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Wow!! You are only one state away from me and we have NOTHING here at all. It's going to be in the 40's today!!

So happy you got home safely!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh wow that sounds like quite an adventure close to where i live people were stuck on the highway for 4 days from all the snow they had to bring them food water and essentials and then eventually they were able to tow them out I would DIE if i was stranded in my car for a couple of days!

here's the article luckily u got out!

Police continue search as rescued take shelter from the storm - thestar.com
Omg I would have gone nuts if I was in my car for 4 days! No way! That is just crazy! I should be thankful it was only 7 hours ugh!!

Oh thank goodness you got home!
What a nightmare!!

My OH was stuck in his car for 6 Hours the other week when we had all the snow, it was awful and i was so glad i wasnt with him at the time.

Anyway hope you feel better soon. x
That is nuts! I never gone through anything like that before! Hopefully never again! lol Glad your OH got home safely!

Wow!! You are only one state away from me and we have NOTHING here at all. It's going to be in the 40's today!!

So happy you got home safely!
I know it's crazy right? Branson Mo is only a few hours from us and they were in the 40's too I was like how nice... :foxes15: lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts