Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, Monday started with the massive amounts of diarrhea. By Tuesday afternoon, she had blood and mucus coming out of her butt. She was pooping like 20-30 times per day and straining/crying at every poop.

She had a fecal exam and vet exam on Tuesday afternoon. The vet diagnosed her with Colitis. Best I can figure, she got into something because she hasn't had ANY diet/treat changes at all.

She's on an oral antibiotic and rx food (GROSS). It seems to be helping already (pooping less).

I feel so bad for my little girl. She's gone potty so much that her butt (hole) is so red and inflamed that it is bleeding.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Sooooo sorry to hear that! I hope she's feeling better soon. Poor baby!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Aww poor sweetheart. :( I hope she feels better soon. xx

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Get well soon Roxy!

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi poor puppy hope the medicine and new diet work fast so she doesnt loose all her fluids keep us posted

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
So, Monday started with the massive amounts of diarrhea. By Tuesday afternoon, she had blood and mucus coming out of her butt. She was pooping like 20-30 times per day and straining/crying at every poop.

She had a fecal exam and vet exam on Tuesday afternoon. The vet diagnosed her with Colitis. Best I can figure, she got into something because she hasn't had ANY diet/treat changes at all.

She's on an oral antibiotic and rx food (GROSS). It seems to be helping already (pooping less).

I feel so bad for my little girl. She's gone potty so much that her butt (hole) is so red and inflamed that it is bleeding.
Is it safe to use A&D Ointment on a dog's skin? (And I realize this post is kinda old so she's probably fine by now.) Just for future reference, I wonder b/c I know it works great on my skin and I think it would work great for a dog too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts