Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a cream long coat chi and some I've come across have dark circles around the eyes as if they were tear stains but all around. Then I started noticing the same with other colored chihuahuas.

Is that is just the pattern? And why do some have it and some don't?

It kind of looks like the skin underneath might be darker but I thought I'd check with you guys anyways!

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
some dogs have black pigment around their eyes, some do not.
sometimes my dogs have circles of wetness around their eyes, like when I take
too many flash photos; but they each have black pigment like eyeliner :)
just like noses that vary from light brown, pink, black and so on--the area
around the eyes differs from dog to dog. Tear stains are a totally different
issue and you can Google that subject for more info or search here on Chi Ppl.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Take a look at this photo of Tango. You can see a spot of tear staining at the corner of the one exposed eye. But also, his entire eye is ringed with a darker color, that is simply part of his coloring.

Is that what you mean?

ETA: I just noticed that you can see the ring of darker color in my signature picture too.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes exactly! That is what I mean, I was wondering because I have my eye on a pup and she is just sooo cute! But both the mother and father are creams and had those rings so I am just wondering what that was :) I'm trying to convince my future hubby to go ahead and put a deposit!

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Moose's eyes teared a bit when he was little but hardly at all now ...he did come with dark coloring around his eyes that is really pronounced now like his dad and grandmother.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts