Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hadn't really realized how routine oriented Jazz is until this happened a couple of days ago.

Feeding time. I put food in Tango's bowl first, and then Jazz's, because Tango will try and go after Jazz's food, but she never goes after his. So if he's distracted with his own lunch he won't bother Jazz's. Anyway, I had a senior moment and scooped Jazz's food into her bowl before I did Tango. He started chowing down, while Jazz continued hopping around anxiously. I pointed her at her food, showed her the kibble was there, did everything but eat it for her lol, and STILL she wouldn't touch it. I was bewildered because I KNEW she was hungry. Then the lightbulb went on! So I took both their food away, then started over....putting Tango's food down first, and THEN Jazz. Sure enough, that was the problem. As soon as I did it in the "correct" sequence, Jazz went immediately to her bowl and started eating! What a dufus! :D

It made me think of other situations where Jazz will exhibit some anxiousness if things aren't "normal." She ALWAYS sleeps on my chest, or my side if I'm lying on my side. She wants to be as close to my face as she can get, and has to be ON me, not next to me. If, for some reason, she can't get to either of those places, because Tango happens to have settled down there, or my book's on my chest for example, she does this prancy thing, pawing at whatever's in the way, whining, and just will NOT settle down until she can get to "her" spot.

When I let her out of her crate, I immediately take her to her pee pad. If I'm on the phone, distracted, or otherwise not doing MY <ahem> job, she will run towards the pad, looking back at me as if to say "are you coming?" and she won't go pee until I'm standing there. She uses the pad other times without me having to be anywhere near, but man! If I'm not right there when I first let her out of her crate, she does her little "anxious dance" thing, where she's prancy and dancy and obviously very agitated.

I know there are more examples, but they're the ones that immediately come to mind. She's such a goofball! ;)

Are any of yours as routine oriented as Jazz apparently is?

·
Registered
383 Posts
OMG, that is Jadzia LOL. If she has to go poo she's expects me there, the other day I took her out to the litterbox I had to run back into the kitchen for something when I turned around there she was just outside of the box looking at me with an expression that said "well, where are you going? I have to poo". As soon as I stepped back in the room she jumped back in the box LOL.

When they eat their meals Jadzia has to sit on the right and Kira on the left, their choice :)

When I'm serving their meals I make them sit and wait, well Jadiza sits only after she's smelled her food and Kira who knows what sit means will only lay down and not sit.

When I'm preparing their food Kira will dance at my feet while Jadzia will wait on the couch and act like nothing is going on and then come running over yipping and dancing when I run the microwave to heat their food, LOL

·
Registered
149 Posts
Ein has a few routines but she's young so there is plenty of time to develop neurosis ;) She does, however, have strong opinions about bed time. When it is bed time, she will fall asleep on the couch with Jade, and when we move to the bedroom to get ready she trots over to the bed and sits on it. If we take too long getting ready, she'll start hopping and talking. Half growls and the weirdest noises I've ever heard come out of a dog. She keeps this up until BOTH of us are in bed. She won't settle down until we are both there, then she curls up between our pillows and goes right to sleep. Strange little creature :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts