Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cricket still has slight allergies. I do too, because I live in TX. But aside from taking her to the vet ( I know she isn't sick. No fever, or anything) is there anything I can give her that would make it better? I've heard benidryl. But I'm not even sure how much. She is only 3lbs. I don't wanna over dose her. By the way its a lot better now that I'm raw feeding, and she gets to start on organs tomorrow.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I wonder if it will just keep getting better with time as you keep feeding raw?

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope so. I noticed too when we first got her, three wks ago, she was wheezing badly. I know the neighbors smoked in their house, and I think that's what it was from. Now she just sneezes some, not a lot and not everyday, just every once in a while.

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Most differences after a diet change can take a while to show up. Hopefully she just gets better with time! What kind of allergies does she have?

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
It can take 12 weeks to fully see the effect of a diet change so hang in there - you can do benadryl, the dosage is 1-2 mg per lb of body weight; so probably 3 mg of children's liquid benadryl in the morning would be the way to start. 1 ml/cc of your average kiddie benadryl has 2.5 mg so you'd give just over 1 ml/cc to start.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I don't know what her allergies are. But she seems a bit better. I think some of them are outside allergies, not just food allergies. That's when she sneezes most. Like me. But like I said too she was living in a house where the people smoked, and I have no idea how long that will take to get out of her system. She was bad with her breathing. She would wheeze, and cough. Now no coughing or wheezing, just sneezing and a mild runny nose. Its clear and no fever so I know its allergies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts