Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am stuck!

I have a bed pattern just arrived from ebay, and I have to basically crochet a large round part.
My problem is that my rounds arent flat, theyre very slightly ruffled.
Can anyone help with any ideas why and how I can stop it?

thanks#

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
How do you do increases? I think you are supposed to add in stitches as you go up. If yours is ripply, then you are adding too many... maybe make practice circles and try out different ways to do so?

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I juat followed the pattern, do first round then 2dc in each dc round twice, and it comes out slightly ruffled, not too bad but it isnt flat.

I've tried several times, must just be me lol

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ahhh ok, thanks everyone.

I have a set of hooks, so can change size if need to. I'll try again, trying to keep my tension the same lol

I never made circles before, can you tell? :)

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i bought this pattern, the base is mainly a circle, but is proving harder than i thought lol.

I also have one for a doughnut bed, but I cant do that either.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it's from the doggie divas and dandies book, and the part i get up to before it crinkles says

do not join rnds unless otherwise stated.

RND 1: ch2, (sc,hdc,10dc) in 2nd ch from hook
RND 2 & 3: 2dc in each st around (48 dc at end of round 3)
RND 4: {dc in each next 2dc, 2dc in next dc} around (64 dc)
RND 5 :[dc in each of next 4 dc,2dc in next dc] 6 times, dc in each of last 34 (70 dc)

and that is as far as I get lol

not had a chance yet to have a go, had a burial cermeony to organise, for a five year old's hamster!!!! And am frantically searching for another chinese dwarf !

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It is an american one, BUT the back page describes the difference in stitches, and now that you have said that....

I just looked and I have been dong the UK DC, which is the american sc, where I should be doing the uk treble!!!!

the light dawns!!

Silly muppet arent I! I was doing the right one for it was a UK pattern, lol.

OK, I Will unwind my rather wonkey circle and try it again!!

Thanks for making me realise that!!!!

PS not seen you around for a while, how's everything? Ok I hope. XX

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
i had the flu for a week (and while i had it they were burning off the govt land nearby,and the house was constantly full of smoke so i went to work sick because it may not have been resting, but at least i had a better chance of being able to breathe.), then i had drama. and tuesday i had mardi gras. my husband's father is in charge of the security every year and we work on getting the markings of where each float is supposed to line up put down before the get there. then actually getting them where they are supposed to be. then as the parade starts, we line them up and feed them in in the correct order so they can be judged along the route. we left home at 6:45 in the morning and got home at 7 in the evening. during the day we walk around all day making sure things are staying family oriented. ( our parade had 118 floats this year, and we allow no glass containers, no nudity and no music containing profanity.) we want festive, but not nasty. so, i am still terribly sore and have the occasional residual cough or sniffle from the flu. i am ok though, just overwhelmingly tired at the moment. i took a couple pictures, but i was too busy to take more. i wish i could have gotten more. i will send them to you later. right now i have to go to work.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
lin, i am working on it, believe me. at least i had a 3 day work week this week because of mardi gras, so that helps. tomorrow is payday and i am thrilled to death. we get paid on last weekday of the month, so its been a long time coming. nothing but R &R this weekend. and my mom is picking me up now for lunch and we are gonna go blow $20 in the penny slots on the coast...;P
btw, i like your little nesting chis in your siggie. very cute. too bad they don't have chi eggs on that site! then i would get some!

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
oh sorry to hear you havent been feeling well.
Maybe try some retail therpay, i did yesterday, spent £303 in one shop, in dresses, high hells, jewellery, then got 2 handbags from another, had starbucks coffee...... but boy did my feet hurt when I got home lol

Hope your soon feeling better

1 - 18 of 18 Posts