Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ugh. so annoyed, liam has something wrong with his ears, poor dog has been through so much in the 6 months hes been alive.
he was fine all day yesterday and then all of a sudden in the night time he starts shaking his head constantly and he is freaking out, something is obv. wrong with his ears, or ear i should say. he wouldnt even let us touch it to look at it. its really driving him totally nuts, he can barely sleep because he keeps shaking his head. i brought him to the vet today to get it checked out and noticed some crusty stuff on his ear, and a little on his back so the vet checked it for Democoptic mange, but it came back negative. he looked in his ears and said theres not mites or anything so he said he doesnt know what it is. -.-
he said it might be a allergic reaction to something, so im thinking maybe its a food reaction because i usually feed the dogs raw food, but our fridge broke a few days ago so all our meat went bad so i fed them mighty dog, they are back on raw food now though, so do you think it could be a food reaction? has this ever happened to any of you before? we got some ear drops to give him twice a day so i am going to try that, i just hate not knowing what it is and seeing him like this :(

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bummmmmmmmp?

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
If you switched his food suddenly and nothing else changed, I would bet it is probably that. Is he doing better?

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
No redness or infection either? The drops may help but it could be the food. Have you tried Benadryl to make him more comfortable?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the vet said his ears are alittle red, and no i havent tried Benadryl im scared to give him anything the vet didnt give me because hes soo little. it seems to really hurt him because i tried to move him ear hairs away to get a better look at it and he was flinching and trying to get away. do you think it could be a bug bite or something?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
heres pics, there not that great but its hard to get a good pic

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
the 3rd pic isnt working :/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts