Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the rare occasion that I have to scold the 'kids', their little eyes well up with tears. Occasionally, one will spill over and run down their cheeks.

They also do this when I'm eating something they want and I won't let them have it.

I've never seen a breed that I truly thought was crying before, but both Pedro and Gracie do this.

It breaks my heart!

Does everyone else notice this with their Chis and chi mixes? Or do my two just know how to work me over???

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
OMG Brody does this too!!

I noticed it awhile ago when I was taking pictures of him, trying to get a close up one. Well, I was holding his ball away from him so I could get his attention and he wanted it REALLY BAD. Then when I was reviewing the pics, I saw that he was crying. Poor baby. And YES, I gave him the ball.

Look at his little tear overflowing!!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
My Roo does this! She gets so scared on car trips and she cries tears. She's a rescue and she came to New York from Maryland, long car ride, and she now associates the car negatively. I think she thinks she is going somewhere bad or going away when I take her in it. At first I thought maybe the sun was in her eyes, but she does it every time, sun or not. She shakes, trembles, cries, and sheds tears. Big rolly ones. It's heartbreaking. :( She does it other times she is scared or upset too. I have read that dogs don't cry emotional tears, but after seeing Roo do this time and again when she is scared or upset, I'm seriously not convinced.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
to be honest I have never noticed, but I will be paying attention from now on
Also wanted to add
Those are some fantastic pics of brody
Real treasure's :)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Godric doesn't, but Gretel does. I had always chalked it up to her having allergies but thinking back usually I noticed it around time I was scolding her, or she was scared.

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Awww i have seen Darla with tears too.
I never thought anything of it, but now am no so sure.

Those pcs of Brody awww bless him!
He really does love his ball the wee sweetheart.
Now we will all be even more big softies and saps with our babies when we see a tear like that. lol
Darla already has us wrapped around her wee paw, but now it will be even more so haha!!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
OMG Brody does this too!!

I noticed it awhile ago when I was taking pictures of him, trying to get a close up one. Well, I was holding his ball away from him so I could get his attention and he wanted it REALLY BAD. Then when I was reviewing the pics, I saw that he was crying. Poor baby. And YES, I gave him the ball.

Look at his little tear overflowing!!

Ohhhh, poor Brody, that is so sad.
Sassy and Chloe both cry tears too. I haven't seen Tallie with tears, at least not yet.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I'm glad to see that it isn't just my two!

I have a pic somewhere of Gracie doing it that it just like the one of Brody! One big tear spilling down her little cheek...

When they do this, I will do anything to get them to stop! If what they want isn't a good idea, I'll go find something that is! Anything to distract them and make them stop crying...

The other night, my husband was watching tv and ignoring them, and they were in the midst of a 'throw and retrieve' game with a toy. I looked down and both of them were looking up at him with their little eyes full of tears. What did I do? I snapped at him and said "You're making them cry. Throw the toy and stop watching tv!"

In retrospect, I guess that wasn't too nice of me, but those tiny little faces with their tiny little tears just pushed me over the edge...And it's not like he doesn't notice them crying, too! He was just all caught up in Monster Trucks!:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts