Chihuahua People Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I have found the most accurate way to measure is to use a flat buckle collar you already have. Here is what I put on etsy now-
This collar is NOT adjustable. I custom make the collar based on your measurements. To measure take a buckle collar that is adjusted to fit your dog the way you want this one to fit and measure from the end of the female buckle to the beginning of the prongs on the male end of the buckle (you are not measuring the prongs because they go inside the female buckle).

If you don't have a collar to measure you can measure their necks too, let me know what method you use because one way I adjust for fitting the neck and the other way I don't.

·
Administrator
9,991 Posts
I have found the most accurate way to measure is to use a flat buckle collar you already have. Here is what I put on etsy now-
This collar is NOT adjustable. I custom make the collar based on your measurements. To measure take a buckle collar that is adjusted to fit your dog the way you want this one to fit and measure from the end of the female buckle to the beginning of the prongs on the male end of the buckle (you are not measuring the prongs because they go inside the female buckle).

If you don't have a collar to measure you can measure their necks too, let me know what method you use because one way I adjust for fitting the neck and the other way I don't.
Good Idea as I tried the tape measure last night and it was a major fail with two wiggle butts will try this tonight.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
What if someone buys 100 lbs worth. Would it be $2 still for shipping? *giggles*
LOL! I just wouldn't give them a bulk discount- that would absorb the price of shipping. Although those things don't weigh very much, I cant even imagine how long it would take me to make 100lbs worth!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Are you still making these?? I think they are amazing. I'd like to purchase 2. How much postage is it to the UK?
I am still making them! Postage to the UK would be $9, that is regular first class mail. The post office always tells me up to a month but typically it is much, much faster than that. For payment I accept paypal, I have never done paypal with the UK, but I believe I just send you an invoice in USD and you pay the invoice.

In addition to the colors I have up I also have a white buckle now that is perfect for the chi sized collars. All collars would ship within a week of getting your payment/measurements.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Still making these and I just got a new shipment of buckles! Black and white are both available in the half inch (the bigger size for the small dogs). I also found some metal buckles in smaller sizes that are available now too. The metal buckles for small/medium dogs would be an extra $4 per collar.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
If anyone is interested I will be placing an order for some Christmas colored paracord in a few days. I can get red, green and a red/green striped and I will be ordering red and green buckles. I also could do metal buckles for an aditional $3 or plain black buckles.

I know it is a little early to be thinking about the holidays but since I have to special order the cord it will be about 7-10 buisness days before I can get anything shipped and that puts us nearly in November!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts