Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought a Zack & Zoey jacket, hoping it was the right size for Oakley, it wasn't. Its a size Xxs, purple. Will fit approx. a 3 - 3.5 lb pup, I think, no bigger than an 11" chest.

It is new with tags.

Here's a picture of it...

Its really cute, just the wrong size...I just ordered her the (hopefully) correct size. :)

I paid $14 for it on ebay, plus s & h. I'll sell it for $8 + $3 to ship anywhere in the US. If no one here wants it, no problem, I can list it on ebay. Its very cute and warm. Will fit a pup with no bigger than an 11" chest, it is 8" long. It fits Bryco who is 3.6 lbs but he's a boy and doesn't want to wear a purple coat with snowflakes on it ;)

This will not fit a broad chested pup very well at all, I don't think, even if they are small :)

Detachable fur trim hood, dyed-to-match fleece lining and snowflake and dot design

Features a polyester shell with a detachable fur-trimmed hood and a fleece underlay for warmth.

Material: 100% Polyester
Care: Turn garment inside-out before washing to protect design on back. Machine wash cold on a gentle cycle. Line dry.

Item is New with Original Manufacturer's Tags

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
That is so cute!!! :) I would buy it from you for Lexie & Gia, but I think the Zack & Zoey runs kinda big. We ended up going with their “teacup” size. Plus our weather is warm for a thick jacket. But it sure is pretty!! Maybe Paula might want it for Roo? I know that the XXS fit her.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is so cute!!! :) I would buy it from you for Lexie & Gia, but I think the Zack & Zoey runs kinda big. We ended up going with their “teacup” size. Plus our weather is warm for a thick jacket. But it sure is pretty!! Maybe Paula might want it for Roo? I know that the XXS fit her.
I think this one runs a little smaller than the hoodies -- I can't imagine it would fit a 5 lber if it barely fits Bryco but it sure is cute. I would say its definitely too warm for TX though, and the outer shell will keep heat in more than a hoody or fleece will.

Now I have to impatiently wait and wait and wait for the hopefully right size to get here. Oakley is very chesty though, so that's why I tried it on B, who weighs exactly what she does, to get a better feel for the size dog it might fit. :rolleyes: I bought from a seller that doesn't accept returns, oh well. :) Some day soon I may have a little angel baby it may fit for a little while ;)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Girl, you should keep it then. :) You are getting another Chi? :lol:

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, not for a bit, but in a few months I may be looking for a girl...but she might not be a puppy, lol....we'll see ;) Either way I have too much dog stuff laying around. I can't wait for the one that fits to come :( Sigh.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I can't imagine having 5. :lol: 4 keeps me hopping! If it works for you, maybe I'll go for 5 too. :D Are you looking to breed, show, or just a pet?

SB's should be here tomorrow. :)

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can't imagine having 5. :lol: 4 keeps me hopping! If it works for you, maybe I'll go for 5 too. :D Are you looking to breed, show, or just a pet?

SB's should be here tomorrow. :)
I will probably look for a female around a year old, hopefully from a breeder downsizing so I can get a nice one...it'd be nice to have 2 finished parents to start out breeding with, but we'll see what happens. I gotta at least get Bryco pointed before I start seriously looking though or it will be much harder to get someone to sell me a decent bitch :) I love puppies, so I'd love a puppy, but its too much waiting, hoping, and too much of a crap shoot. I'd rather get an older female so I know what I'm getting, can pay for health tests, etc. before I ever even get her home ;) Ahhh but we'll see.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Did your snowbaby hoodies come? Pics? :-D
Come on mail, run! :lol: Should be here in a bit. No pics of your guys SB's? That was my very fave of all the hoodies. They are really, really cute!

I will probably look for a female around a year old, hopefully from a breeder downsizing so I can get a nice one...it'd be nice to have 2 finished parents to start out breeding with, but we'll see what happens. I gotta at least get Bryco pointed before I start seriously looking though or it will be much harder to get someone to sell me a decent bitch :) I love puppies, so I'd love a puppy, but its too much waiting, hoping, and too much of a crap shoot. I'd rather get an older female so I know what I'm getting, can pay for health tests, etc. before I ever even get her home ;) Ahhh but we'll see.
When are you going to start showing Bryco? Will his tail being curled effect anything? Are you excited about breeding? I would be a nervous wreck! I've seen many a birth, mostly human, but I think I would be in shambles if it were one of my babies going through it. I look forward to being able to follow your journey through pics. :)

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When are you going to start showing Bryco? Will his tail being curled effect anything? Are you excited about breeding? I would be a nervous wreck! I've seen many a birth, mostly human, but I think I would be in shambles if it were one of my babies going through it. I look forward to being able to follow your journey through pics. :)
Only Dinky got a SB , but I am going to get one for Oakley too I think...Dinky's was a size too big, so I sent it back and once the replacement comes I shall post piccies :)

I haven't honestly got as far as thinking about breeding -- there is so much to do first. Bryco's tail wont be a huge issue -- the more the fur fills out the less noticeable it is, and at all the shows I've been to, there are many chis (esp LC) w/ tails like it. When he's all sassed up cuz he is in show mode now, he carries it correctly, he's just lazy the rest of the time I guess. It isn't really known if it is genetic in his case (no direct ancestors for 3 gens had one), so I will be sure if I DO breed him, she has a good strong tail structure and set.

Anyway, all that said, he has health tests to pass, shows to win, etc. before I really even consider it an option. So far his temperament is exactly what I believe a chi's should be so that's in our favor :) If he passes his health tests there is a chance I may breed him w/ Oakley's aunt, who is owned by O & T's breeder, prior to him being finished--O & T's breeder is more than happy to have me come stay w/ them for a few litters to be whelped so I will have some experience before its my challenge to deal with if I decide thats the route I want to go. LOL.

Anyway, his first show isn't this weekend, but next. Then he has a show the 3rd weekend in Oct as well, and one in mid November, then none til after mid January but I haven't entered him in any post xmas yet...

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
kristi are you competing with mchis? :laughing8:
Hahaha noooo. We'll see what happens, though ;) Hindsight says having 2 pet chis plus Laurel was not the wisest decision but they are my family and I am so glad we have all of them, but it will be nice when our breeding stock are also our pets, LOL. I will always have one small spayed female though that is just MY chi, without the worries and risks breeding brings :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts