Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as a mother who is just crazy about her chi! I wanted to make a thread about the cutest things you just adore about your chi's!

Mocha is just the sweetest thing ever! Attached to both my husband and i! I just love her little chocolate nose and tiny little body!
I love how she tries to share her bones with me and struts around when she finds one of our socks lying around! She wags her tail when she has one in her mouth and walks back n forth modeling it off!
I love it when its time for bed and she goes upstairs by herself before we do.. Goes onto the bed and lays in her spot in between us, kisses us each good night and curls up behind either of our legs...
When im not feeling well she lays under my chin and licks me...type 1 diabetes some days are better than others!
She patiently sits before i place her food on the floor!
She only barks when she wants someone to play with her!
So cute sitting on my hubbies shoulder watching tv!
Goes in her pen to nap because its closer to the heater, even when we dont have her caged up, its her safe place!

I can go on n on!

I just cant get enough of her!
Such a proud momma! :)

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
I adore Dottie,after her lunch she can't wait to get in her bed with her hot water bottle,she sees me filling it up and gets so excited,she never moans is always happy,and my other chi Lily and her adore each other,she loves Simba my sheltie and plays with our cat,never wakes me up at night and is perfect

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
I think the cutest Chihuahua trait is the way they use their front paws when they are playing. Both of ours do this, lie on their backs holding a toy in their 'hands'.
Bambi does the cutest yawns. She cannot do it silently, she makes a little 'howm' noise.
Last night they were both in bed with me, and both of them were laying on their backs, with their heads on the pillows, and their bodies under the duvet.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I really like that Snoopy prefers my lap over all others. Makes me feel quite special. lol Makes my kids a tad jealous though. Whoops.
I love how excited he is when my 1yo wakes up from her nap. He just canNOT wait to see her and comes up to her wagging away and desperate for some affection from her.
I like that he is starting to lay with my 8yo and 5yo on the floor more. They really enjoy it when he lays on them or next to them.
I love his coloring. He looks like he has black lipstick on with white powder on top. It's just so soft looking. And I love how his bazillion little black spots show through his white fur if you're close enough to see.

eta-I like when he snuggles up in my lap under my 1yo while she's nursing. He's so warm, and they poke at each other like "hey, this is MY lap!"

·
Registered
801 Posts
My favorite "cute" thing with Mimi was as she started coming out of her shell
we would reward her for everything, so every time she did something she knew
she was going to get a treat for she would spin around in circles until we
handed her the treat.

Now she's taught Jax to do this as well, so every time they go potty they both
run to the steps and starting spinning round and round until I treat them lol.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I love Venus's big eyes, tiny nose, little body, markings, ears, roundish head, smallish muzzle, and tiny feet. I love her playfulness, funny growl, curiousity, and her extremely cuddly nature. I love that she doesn't bark her head off and act like what I used to think most Chihuahuas were like. I love that she is perfectly potty trained. I love how she has made me love, adore, and become addicted to tiny dogs just like her. Venus is like a drug that I can't get enough of.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I love how Romeo is so inquisitive and cheeky. I love how he always has to have the biggest bone even though he is the tiniest dog. I too like he steals socks like Mocha mentioned above! When he takes something naughty he has the proudest look on his face and cheeky glint in his eye.

I love how when he has a new nylabone, he has to dance all around it and then roll all over it in euphoria before he starts licking it.

I love how excited he gets when he and Packo get together in the morning, rolling on his back underneath his head and licking his face!

I love how he licks my tears away when I cry. I love how even though he isn't a cuddly dog - he always knows when I need cuddles and I love how he falls asleep across my neck.

I love Mr Pax for how well he has settled in with us! I love how his sad eyes are now happy and how he wags his tail ALL the time! I love how he puts up with naughty Romeo stealing his toys and grooms him. I love his handsome white face and especially his chocolate brown eyes and nose. I love how even though he's a big boy - he's the one who always has to be cuddled like a big old baby!

I love this thread!

xxxx

·
Registered
151 Posts
oh ,,, and I love how Romeo has worked out that if he drops things into his food bowl - he loves the 'clash' noise it makes - so he'll drop loads of toys in there one after the other and look all proud at the noise he's made!

And I love how he rolls his bed over and sits on top of it - or hides underneath it!!!!

he's a dude!

xxx

·
Registered
151 Posts
I love getting to know all Pax's little ways that come out every day - as he was already a year old when he came to live with us.

I love how he rolls on his back all snuggly when I'm drying my hair and begs me to put the hairdryer on him!

Also love how he properly dances on his back legs when there's some dance music on the radio!!! :)

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
I love how when Toby plays with my parents' dogs he sticks his little tush right up in their face.
I love how he sits in between my legs on his back two legs and licks my face.
I love how if I leave the room he whines until I get back. Just enough to let me know he misses me.
I love how he prances around with his toys in his mouth.
I love how he loves the pink blanket that he stole from me.
I love how he sleeps with his head on my arm curled up right next to me.
I love how he barks at the stairs next to the bed until he finally decides to walk down to go potty.
And most of all, I love how much he loves me! I can see it in his little eyes, it's so sweet.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
What a cute thread idea! here's what I love about my little rascals:

I just can't get over how smart Axle is. He picked up beg and shake hands in 2 days, he worked out how to get through our baby gate on the first day we got it. I hide bits of jerkey all over the house and he finds them all in about 1 min flat. He knows which drawer the treats are in and as soon as I touch it he is right by my side but he doesn't bat an eyelid if I open the ones above or below it.

Chloe is so adorable when she plays soccer with her ball. She is the most determined little thing, there is no way Axle can get a jerkey off her if she really wants it. She is so sweet, she just really wants to please her daddy and I and has this look of utter contentment when she is cuddled up with either one of us, like she knows that is her purpose in life.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
This thread is so heartwarming!

Kahlua is my soulmate. I love everything about her. I could just stare at her little face forever and never get tired of looking at her; makes me 'awwwww' every time. I love how she prances around as she has for almost 3 years, showing off her tiny Snuggle bear that she cherishes SO much. And I even love how, when it's about 10 minutes to mealtime (we feed on a strict 12:30pm and 8:30pm schedule) somehow she knows, and will scratch any kind of bottle or plastic that is at her level. Something to deliberately make noise to draw attention to her. I just love it. She's like "Daddy!! Almost food time!! Don't forget!!" I just love how my little Lua is the epitome of everything I could ever want in a dog. She's so loyal to me, sleeps curled up between my legs every night since I got her. She's just my perfect "little brown dog." She's my angel... <3

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think the cutest Chihuahua trait is the way they use their front paws when they are playing. Both of ours do this, lie on their backs holding a toy in their 'hands'.
Bambi does the cutest yawns. She cannot do it silently, she makes a little 'howm' noise.
Last night they were both in bed with me, and both of them were laying on their backs, with their heads on the pillows, and their bodies under the duvet.
Mocha does the front paws thing too lol...holds her toys with her front paws as well. Like a little baby :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This thread is so heartwarming!

Kahlua is my soulmate. I love everything about her. I could just stare at her little face forever and never get tired of looking at her; makes me 'awwwww' every time. I love how she prances around as she has for almost 3 years, showing off her tiny Snuggle bear that she cherishes SO much. And I even love how, when it's about 10 minutes to mealtime (we feed on a strict 12:30pm and 8:30pm schedule) somehow she knows, and will scratch any kind of bottle or plastic that is at her level. Something to deliberately make noise to draw attention to her. I just love it. She's like "Daddy!! Almost food time!! Don't forget!!" I just love how my little Lua is the epitome of everything I could ever want in a dog. She's so loyal to me, sleeps curled up between my legs every night since I got her. She's just my perfect "little brown dog." She's my angel... <3
Awe so sweet, all of these responses! I for some reason feel people have a bad taste in their mouth of chihuahuas being nippy mean dogs, their loyalty is beyond what i have ever seen in any dog before! It is sooo amazing! Mocha just loves to be around us, we just cant get enough!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What a cute thread idea! here's what I love about my little rascals:

I just can't get over how smart Axle is. He picked up beg and shake hands in 2 days, he worked out how to get through our baby gate on the first day we got it. I hide bits of jerkey all over the house and he finds them all in about 1 min flat. He knows which drawer the treats are in and as soon as I touch it he is right by my side but he doesn't bat an eyelid if I open the ones above or below it.

Chloe is so adorable when she plays soccer with her ball. She is the most determined little thing, there is no way Axle can get a jerkey off her if she really wants it. She is so sweet, she just really wants to please her daddy and I and has this look of utter contentment when she is cuddled up with either one of us, like she knows that is her purpose in life.

:) makes me smile! Such smart puppies they are! And they def do just want to please their owner/s... I love that little::sigh:: they give out when they curl up next to ya hahaha

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Everything about Chanel is cute to me, from A to Z. :love2:
There are times my illness gets the best of me and I can't get out of bed.
One of the very sweet things she does is put her head on my lower tummy
right where a lot of the pain is. Her warm fluffiness actually makes me feel
better. She's extremely intuitive, and is always there for me when I'm not
well. When I'm walking her she will periodically look up at me as if to ask
"Are you alright, should I slow down?" As if she knows I'm having a hard
time walking. And she pays close attention to my speed, and adjusts hers
accordingly. There are so many cute, adorable, lovely things she does,
she amazes me daily. I also love her cute floppy ears and big soulful eyes.
She's my little angel. I just hope I'm able to repay her all of the happiness
she brings me.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Haha Nicole, I sure do try. She deserves the world.
She's not hard to please, a good walk, a good meal,
a belly rub and she's all yours! lol She's always happy
too, no matter what. She's a tough little thing, she
inspires me to be stronger. I just thought of something
really funny that she does, that I find cute...each morning
my hubby wakes up first at 4am and right away goes to pipi
lol, well he is always very sleepy so he forgets to close the
bathroom door, so Miss Chanel sneaks in there, jumps on his
knees (while he's sitting down in his "office") and absolutely
covers him with slobbery kisses!!! I hear him each morning
with his half awake voice "No Chanel, leave papa's face alone,
what are you doing to me?..." lol, yet he never stops her