Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a mini Yorkie meet up the other day at the dog park and one woman had two foster Chi's up for adoption. They are brothers who apparently were going to be used for pit bull fighting.

They are SOOO adorable, feisty and energetic. They are almost 6 months old. Jackson got along GREAT with them since they liked to play rough, he loves that ;) They ran and chased each other for a while.

I must say - I was tempted.

I do not have a Chi yet but joined these boards because they are a possibility breed for my next dog.

But these guys were awesome! No fear whatsoever! I must say I'm really tempted. And my stepmom used to volunteer at the shelter where they are, so I have a 'connection' :)

This was Jackson running with them... sorry for the blurriness, they were FAST and the sun was disappearing so pic quality was bad.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
That is awesome.
And, considering they are 6 months old, you can really judge their personalities, as opposed to picking out an 8-12 week year old from a breeder.

There are so cute, and obviously get along with your dog.
If you are considering a Chi - you should jump on the opportunity and
take them both :)

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
They are darling. As long as you have the room and the means to take care of them go for it. You will love having Chi's. They are so sweet and loving. You will not be sorry for one minute!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, honestly, I couldn't take both. :(

I'm sorry, I was mistaken, one is 14 months and the other is almost 6 months but they are brothers.

The older one is the cream colored back and the puppy is the mostly all white back.

Originally, they were trying to adopt them together but the foster mom told me they are probably going to allow separating them. They have been in foster since late August.

I'm a little confused because the foster mom told me they were going to be used as pit bull bait but the petfinder site states that the owner brought them both in to the shelter? So I don't know what's up with that story, but I'm sure I will find out.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Awww, they are both so cute! That would be wonderful if they could stay together! :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awww, they are both so cute! That would be wonderful if they could stay together! :)
I also hope they can stay together! I can't adopt both but I'm going to wait it out longer and see if there's an adopter willing to take both before taking any action.

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Awwww they are gorgeous!
It would be great if they could stay together.
I got 2 chis together Darla was the pup and Daisy was almost 3 years old and it was the best thing i ever did!
Honestly it was no more work than just getting one. lol
Think about it if you can, cause they are wee doggies. xx

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awwww they are gorgeous!
It would be great if they could stay together.
I got 2 chis together Darla was the pup and Daisy was almost 3 years old and it was the best thing i ever did!
Honestly it was no more work than just getting one. lol
Think about it if you can, cause they are wee doggies. xx
I know, but since I've already got Jackson, I really can't be having 3 dogs. :( Two is my limit for a while since I don't own my house yet and usually apartments (if I need to move into one, which is a possibility in the future) typically have a 2 limit.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
They are adorable, bless them they love each other. I hope they can be placed together but if not then I hope it will not be to awfully traumatic for them :-(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts